HBO Season 2 News, Rumors, etc.

Yeah, 6' 3". She'll do!

I was worried that they'd go for a perfect Hollywood blonde type, but that appears to not be the case. I actually looked up Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's height because I wondered if Brienne would be towering over Jaime but, depending which site you believe, he's around 6' 1" or 6' 2/2.5" so there's not much in it. Was surprised actually. Jaime doesn't look all that tall on screen.

Gwendoline Christie is tall enough - taller than NCW - and the books did say (quite a few times) that Brienne has beautiful eyes, so the chances were that they would have to choose an actress with reasonable looks and work from there.

EDIT: Mesanna has the (iffy) stats.

As well as ageing up everyone (though not to the extent that Patrick Stewart would look right as Stannis), they shrunk a lot of them. Quite a few of the principal characters in the book are well over 6' tall and Brienne was said to be "a good hand higher" than Renly, who was almost as tall as Robert (who was, I believe, 6'6" tall).

Last edited:
Well, outside of Dirk Nowitzki in drag.....no one is going to fit that bill of height.

Minor gripe on that post, TK. In Dutch, the addition "van" (translated into English as "of") should be uncapitalized. Only when starting a sentence with her last name should the "van" be given a capital V.

AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!

Don't forget that fan favourite: Alton Lannister.

(For some reason, I almost wish that there would be a family (or a region's bastards) called Towers. Their family seat could be at Ryde.)

I have to say I agree with you Wiggum. I guess in the scheme of things its not that big of a deal, but I really don't think there would have been that much confusion. Even reading through the books the first time I managed to keep the 2 of them straight. Oh well.

However, I do like the look of the actress they cast. I can't wait to see the first scene between her and Theon. :)

The actor playing Jaqen H’ghar is rather attractive. I'm looking forward to the second series. :D :D

But are you willing to face up to one of his character's defining attributes...?

Wait, isn't Yara too close to Xaro? THEY HAVE TWO OF THE SAME LETTERS!!!!! Quick, let's change it to Ralph! Ralph Xhoan Daxos. Yep, that works...

But is that first name pronounced reɪf (as in Ralph Vaughan Williams)?

I think we should be told.

Very nice Jaqen. Tom has an oddly asymetrical face (or is it just tricks and photography?). Perfect!

Now he needs to have a distinctive voice. Maybe like Bill in True Blood?

Very nice Jaqen. Tom has an oddly asymetrical face (or is it just tricks and photography?). Perfect!

Just send him a copy of Roy Dotrice reading Clash

Well he's German and, according to IMDB, he also speaks English, French, Russian and Italian! I imagine he'll be able to pull off any accent they want from him.