Cover art for debut novel

Me like!!!

Oh! Release 4th March...

Question; will there by copies for sale at Eastercon? If not and I get, and bring a copy ;) will you sign it...?

Me like!!!

Question; will there by copies for sale at Eastercon? If not and I get, and bring a copy ;) will you sign it...?

Sue, I honestly don't know. Since I'm not publishing it, I won't have any copies there to sell, but that doesn't mean nobody will.

As for signing... oh, go on then! :eek:

Well done Ian, the amount of stuff your churning out, did you by any chance have a printing press for Xmas lunch.

Joking aside, I'm looking forward to reading it as the Gift of Joy was a gift of joy!

It's the way I tell them!:):eek::)

Ian - you didn't mention that Angry Robot are offering a free sample chapter of your new novel on their website. (http://angryrobotbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/CityOfDreamsNightmare-samplechapter.pdf)

Are you shy or something?! ;)

I've just downloaded and read it, and now can't wait to get hold of a copy as soon as it comes out... :D

Not shyness, Patrick, just ignorance... I didn't realise it was there, so thanks for pointing this out. And for your kind words.

Wow, this is oddly scary and thrilling at the same time!

Ian your silence is deafening. You must be hard at work at the printing press, running of 1000's of copies of your new book.

Let me know if you need me to mop the sweat on your brow

Fantastic image, and designed so well to be wrapped around the boards of a book. Many, many congratulations on the novel, and good luck with the sales. ;)

Ian your silence is deafening. You must be hard at work at the printing press, running of 1000's of copies of your new book.

Let me know if you need me to mop the sweat on your brow

Thanks for the offer, Gary, I might just need it. Running around frantically trying to get six NewCon Press titles ready for launch at World Horror Con, Eastercon and beyond (6 in 6 weeks). Currently (as of right this minute) batting emails back and forth with an artist finalising the cover layouts for two of them... Then there's the proof reading of my new space opera novel The Noise Within (launched by Solaris in May), which I've been given two days to do, and I have to finish the final polishing of City of Hope and Despair (due out this September) before delivery at the end of this month... so, yes, busy (which is why I'm still here working at 10.45 at night).

Thanks, Dale, J-Wo et al, glad you like the cover! :)

Oh, Oh... Just had an email from Amazon!!! :D

Book soon to be in my hot little hands....

Oh, Oh... Just had an email from Amazon!!! :D

Book soon to be in my hot little hands....

Yay, Sue! Hope you enjoy the book. Got my first copy through on Tuesday, and I have to say I'm delighted with the way it looks. Just hope my words can live up to the packaging! :eek:

Yay, Sue! Hope you enjoy the book. Got my first copy through on Tuesday, and I have to say I'm delighted with the way it looks. Just hope my words can live up to the packaging! :eek:

I will sneak it up my to read pile when it arrives! So much reading to do and so little time lol...

I feel I need an egg timer strapped to my forehead! This much time for writing, this much time for reading, this much time for research etc. Not to mention having to work for the council, eat and sleep lol...

Ian,
Now that your debut novel, 'City of Dreams and Nightmare' is out in the shops, how does it feel to be a published novelist? I trust it feels awesome?! Congratulations - hope you have enough time to have a beer to celebrate! :)