I am about to embark on reading Eddings The Dreamers Series.

Ian The Poet

Wizard Time Traveller
Actually I am an Alien from outer space. My real n

I have read David Eddings Belgariad series sometime ago and enjoyed very much. Now I am going to embark soon on the The Dreamers series, which has now reached four books, are there going to be any more? Please don't post spoilers as I start on this series, thankyou Ian.

Yes only four thank goodness. I don't want to put you off but I'd advice seeing how you get on with first one before forking out for the other three. I enjoyed his other stuff apart from The Redemption of Althus but the Elder Gods was a rehash of his others series without the spark that makes you keep reading.

Last edited:
I enjoyed his other books, as well as the Redemption of Althus! Still, going by what you say Nixie, I shall give his Elder Gods a miss then.

I've re-read quite a lot of his earlier writing and still enjoyed them.

I have read David Eddings Belgariad series sometime ago and enjoyed very much. Now I am going to embark soon on the The Dreamers series, which has now reached four books, are there going to be any more? Please don't post spoilers as I start on this series, thankyou Ian.

Haven't read them, not likely too either, kinda cooled on the Eddings' books when I read the Tamuli. too omnipotent and same path as elenium. I still read the older series' mainly belgariad/mallorean, and Elenium.

to answer the other part of question, unless someone finds a manuscript somewhere, no, there are going to be no other Eddings books out, at least not by David and Leigh. they've both passed on.

Whilst I actually enjoyed The Redemption of Althaus I to found the Elder Gods a bit dull. In fact I stopped after book two. Everyone has different tastes though Ian so please don't be put of by my words, try the first one and see what you think.

It wasn't the best that he wrote - although the world that he created was excellent, the story was ok, but his other novels are far superior.