Worst droids in films?

Which is the Worst Droid in films and TV?

• The Silent Running Drones - Huey, Louis and Dewey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red Dwarf’s Scutters

• The Fireball XL5 robot

• Marvin the paranoid android (all versions)

• The SMASH TV advert aliens

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heebie

I’ve just watched Silent Running and couldn’t really get over how useless the droids (or drones, as they called them) were. They had less personality than Red Dwarf’s Scutters! I just looked on IMDB.com and it seems I’m actually in the minority there as people seem to find them sweet.

Are there any worst droids out there in the universe?

They were cute and twee just when droids needed to be cute and twee, and you must have at least stifled a tear when Bruce Dern says his farewell to Dewey just before - actually, that's near the end, ain't it, so -- um -- spoiler? ....

Worst droid ever is Tweeky in the Buck Rogers TV series. Worst ever!!

They were cute and twee just when droids needed to be cute and twee, and you must have at least stifled a tear when Bruce Dern says his farewell to Dewey just before - actually, that's near the end, ain't it, so -- um -- spoiler? ....

Worst droid ever is Tweeky in the Buck Rogers TV series. Worst ever!!

I was more concerned with the 'double amputees' apparently stuck inside them to move them around.

Biddie, biddie, biddie!

But Heebs, think! There can't be much work for double amputees, even in the movie industry. Artoo and the circus is just about it.

But Heebs, think! There can't be much work for double amputees, even in the movie industry.

I heard amputees made a killing (poor choice of words) in the opening D-Day scene in Saving Private Ryan!

I actually know one who regularly gets his legs hacked off in costume-drama battle scenes.

I hope he tells the other combatants that he 'comes apart'. I can see a look of horror on their faces if they chop at him with a plastic prop-sword and he loses both his legs.

Yes, i'd agree that Twicky was an appallingly useless robot. Didn't he have a female robot counterpart?

But weren't there some things even worse in Disney's 'The Black Hole'?
Bob and Vincent, if memory serves - Bob being voiced (appallingly) by Slim Pickens. They'd definitely get my vote - though Jinx from Space Camp would run them very close.;)

The robot dog thing in Battlestar Galactica (original series).

Ah yes! Boxey's robot dog, Muffit II. That beats all the rest so far. Twiki was a Maria in comparison!

So, can there really be anything worse?

PS. This should have been a Poll. I could still add one - (I think! I'd have to start another thread with a poll and merge them together.)

Alas, you need to see this...

Say hi to Muffit II

BREAKING NEWS

muffit-is-the-final-cylon.jpg

Are you perhaps an evil spirit sent to torture my soul, Urien?

For now I do remember Muffit and I wish I didn't. :(:mad:;):mad::(

And Dave is correct: however irritating Twiki was, it was no match for Muffit.

Back