Who to play the characters from Going Postal?

MrWall

It has been pointed out on the Discowrld TV thread that Sky have decided the next book to be turned into a Drama will be Going Postal

Sky One ploughs £10m into HD dramas | Media | guardian.co.uk

So I thought I would ask, who would you like to see play the major characters?

For me Moist would be very interesting. Handsome enough in a forgetable kinda way. For that it reminds me of the current Dr Who (forget his name) or Zak Braf of Scrubs fame (JD), both of whom also seem to have the comic timing and self depreciating humour needed for the role.

Adore Belle Sweetheart. Hmm, tougher one. Strict, skinny, pale. Obviously not going to happen but I could see Nicole Kidman playing this role if she dyed her hair. Got to admit I am struggling, any ideas?

I wouldn't mind Edward Norton as Moist. Or maybe Christian Bale. I could see both of them being charming but instantly forgettable if they wanted.
JD out of Scrubs would fit well though :D

Adore Belle Sweetheart. Hmm, tougher one. Strict, skinny, pale. Obviously not going to happen but I could see Nicole Kidman playing this role if she dyed her hair. Got to admit I am struggling, any ideas?

I can see a problem with Miss Dearheart...are they going to show her smoking or not? I'm sure that there's strict guidelines these days about depicting people indulging in the noxious weed on screen, and seeing that Adora Belle chainsmokes about eighty a day...:confused:

But how about Christina Ricci?

I do like the idea of Edward Norton for Moist, but then I thought, hm, why not reprise Fight Club and have Helena Botham Carter (I believe) for Adora. :)

As long as it's not David Jason as Moist. They'll end up making him all of the main characters!

Someone else obviously thought of Norton too :)
clackspage.jpg

I think the 'instantly forgettable' nature of Moist's features will be ignored for the series , esp when you consider that he will be the leading character!

My ideal MvL would be a younger Michael Palin , but as timemachines have yet to be invented , Johnny Depp would be my choice (if only!)

Jonny from 'Two Pints of Lager' (ralf little) for Moist and as soon as I thought of him then Janet (sheridan smith) from the same show to play Adorabelle

The cast for Going Postal has been announced. Richard Coyle (Coupling) will play Moist Von Lipwig, David Suchet (Agatha Christie's Poirot) is Reacher Gilt, Charles Dance (Gosford Park) is Lord Vetinari and Claire Foy (Little Dorrit) will play Adora Belle Dearheart. The production has started filming in Hungary and will air on Sky1 over Easter 2010.

I am so jealous! :) Here in the US we'll probably have to wait a year or so after you guys see Going Postal before we can see it. Glad they're getting a new Veternari, though. Jeremy Irons is a great actor, but I didn't care for his characterization in Colour of Magic/Lights Fantastic. I was happy with everyone else, though, and I liked The Hogfather a lot. It was good to see Tony Robinson and Nigel Planar in that one.

Does anyone know if any of the Vimes books will ever be made into movies?

katperk2001