Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Can't Decide

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Thank you. I have noticed that the spoiler

text

tags work differently here.

SPOILER for Turn Coat:

My God, Dresden is one lonely lonely *******. Not simply dumped this time. The woman was manipulated and never loved him in the first place. That kind of has to suck. Not surprising though. I'd say its ingrained into every Dresden Files reader to except his relationships to crash and burn sooner or later--usually sooner.

I wonder who his next girlfriend will be? Any speculation?

I still hold out hope for Murphy, but I think that will be a long term down the road thing built on a solid and somewhat equal relationship (Murphy is not equal . . . yet).

Justine? (that's a joke and I certainly hope not, although with Thomas now.....)

The problem with Murphy is something is going to need to affect her magically pretty quick. At the signing Jim Butcher said at the start of the series Harry was 25 and Murphy was 30. And now Harry is 35 and Murphy is 40. She's going to start getting a bit old soon. It won't matter for Harry since he can live 300 years or more or whatever.

I did think about Justine also. I kind of like her. She seems to be a good person. But she's still human and Thomas probably still loves her even now that he's screwed up. That's why I kind of hope Harry discovers something for Thomas so he can touch Justine again without being burned.

You know who could be all sorts of fun, Lara. I would like to see that for a while with all of the complications it would make.

Harry dating Thomas's half sister would be interesting, but only if they could find a way around the whole White Vampire power. I don't think Harry in thrall would be good but Harry on equal footing with her would be very interesting!

Molly is only 15 years plus or minus younger than Harry. She will live a long, long time. That amount of difference is nothing like the 200 year difference between Ana and Harry.

I was sad to learn about Ana and what was done to her. She does not love Harry or, at least, will not allow herself to love him. That may change, but my sense is that it will not. In any event, the result will likely be the same. Harry will be alone, again.

Harry has to have someone who cannot be used against him. I notice that a lot of the other wizards are alone for that very reason. How sad. They have lost so much opportunity to be whole. :(

See, that's what I was trying to point out with Molly before. I think she could be good for Harry, say 100 years or so down the road. Although, I am liking the idea of Lara the more I think about it, especially if we can't have Murphy.

Yeah, Elaine wouldn't be bad. And I'm pretty sure Molly is almost 20 or something. So could be something with them down the line. Doesn't have to be 100 years though. Not sure Harry would want to have a relationship with Lara after what he saw her do to Madeline. Then would have to figure out a way for her not to feed on him. Might as well say Queen Mab as well then. Maybe Lash will come back somehow and he will have a relationship with her (lol).

Mab I don't think would go very well as she is way too settled and would definitely not be any thing close to Harry's equal in thought or deed. Lara could be influenced by her brother while she tries to influence him and Harry has done some pretty unpleasant things himself, so it could work. But it would be interesting when Susan heard about it...

I am not partial to Elaine, but I could certainly go with Molly. I thought she was younger than that, though. But if she's 20, it could work. Still like Murphy best, though.

Lash was supposedly only a fragment so it would have to be the fragment that came back, that might work although I think it might cause his friends to wonder about mental issues...

I am glad Luccio didn't last, although it ended much faster than I expected.

Yeah, I never expected Harry and Luccio to last, but it was quicker than I thought it would be. And maybe Lash is hiding in a different part of his brain. Someone asked if Lash was going to come back but Jim Butcher said he couldn't answer that. It sounded like it might be a maybe, but don't know. And of course, I still prefer Murphy best as well. Though they'd have to have a relationship that didn't end, unlike all his others. Otherwise it would screw things up between them and that would suck more then them not getting together at all.

I dislike Susan. Not herself but what she has become. I have only read only to book 5 but she almost ruined the book for me. The hole vampire gf thing makes the world of Harry Dresden look silly,way too much paranormal romance like....

The bondage sex scene in Death Masks was really too much. The worst thing i have read in the series. If i wanted that i could go read Anita Blake or some other demon,vampire hot sex stuff.....

Murphy is one of the strongest characters in the series for me. She grounds Harry into the human world,in the real world. She is a great friend. I would hate losing her,Harry's nice chemistry as friends just because Harry needs a new woman.

I havent read book 6-9 so dont spoil it for me but i hope for whoever he gets together in those boooks better be more long term than Susan.

I dont want to read Harry being James Bond like throwing hot women around...

I am very sure, apart from his hormones, that Harry does not even want to think about Lara as anything other than as temporary a bed partner as possible. I, OTOH, do not believe for a heartbeat that Harry would go for it on his own. :eek:

It does seem that the relationship with Elaine is rather over. Too much baggage between them. :p

Molly is a definite maybe. However, it is likely that the Luccio Morgan relationship is more likely to be the case between those two. We will see, of course. ;)

I am very happy to see Susan out of the loop. I do not know just how long a pre-vamp state will live. They may still have a somewhat normal lifespan as a human. That too leaves her out, IMO. Besides, I am not that fond of her. :(

I will miss Luccio. I like her. However, it became clear in Turn Coat, that Harry was not all that much in love with her. Lara's little pheromone tricks would not have had their impact had he been. Harry welcomed having someone who could be his peer as a lover. However, it was not his true love as that between Thomas and Justine.

Harry is alone again. I do not think that Murphy is even in the running. They love each other as friends, but that is all. Murphy is way too clear headed to attempt to be a love of a man who will outlive her by several hundred years. That too is a gesture of love on her part. :)