Question about Shadow of a Dark Queen...

Alexia

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I'm re-reading all my Feist books and I've gotten as far as SoaDQ and I'm confused about Bobby de Loungville. Has he made an appearance in any of the books prior to the Serpentwar Saga or is Shadow of a Dark Queen his first???

I keep thinking that I should remember him from another book and Nakor's greeting of him on the Sorcerer's Isle is very familiar so it suggests that we should know of him aswell.

Another question... Corporal Foster isn't the same Charles from the Riftwar Saga is he??

I'm sure I should know the answers to these questions already but I can't seem to remember!

Thanks if anyone can clear this up for me :)

Shadow of a Dark Queen is one of my favourite books, the first book of Feist I read. Firstly, Bobby isn't mentioned in any of the other books but went with Nakor to Novindus the 2nd time round, which isn't a book. This is how they know each other. As for Foster, he isn't Charles. Charles would be too old and had possibly died prior to that...i think in the sacking of the Far Coast

Bobby De Loungville isn't in any of the previous books. He was intended to originally appear in a book called "Return of the Buccaneer" which told of Calis' previous visit to Novindus to fight against the Dark Queen's army, but this book was never written because Feist changed publishers and his new publisher insisted on starting a new series rather than writing a sequel to "The King's Buccaneer".

As Vencar says, I think Charles died during the raid at the beginning of The King's Buccaneer.