Snape's Boggart

Digger

I'm a lady Digger, not a guy!!! This was my nickna
I can remember reading somewhere that JK's said that (amongst other things!!), "...we shall find out in Book 7 what Snape's Boggart is, and it will be important." :confused:

What a prospect!! Come on, who thinks what on this one? Is it Lily, who I suspect is the only individual who ever got under Snape's skin and can therefore still hurt him? Sirius and James are both a bit too obvious, as are Dumbey and Voldy.

Maybe it's Dudley!!! :D

It'll also be intriguing to see how this happens - if someone else is there to see it, the Boggart would get confused...but if Snape's on his own, how do we know what took place? Maybe a Pensieve moment.....

Last edited:
Got to be something from his child-hood - perhaps something involved with the process through which Dumbledore "knows" the slippery one has changed to the side of good. Allegedly.

It could be Harry... or Dumbledore...

I'm going on a limb here and thinking it won't be Voldemort.

I was just thinking that as with most enigmatic and complex characters who stand somewhere between the moral extremes, Snape might well fear his own actions should his self control slip.

Um... ever wonder what your boggart is, if you're most afraid of boggarts? Would the world end?

It perhaps is the only way to reveal the true shape of a Boggart...

Boggartphobia? Surely you'd already have to have experienced a boggart in order to be terrified of them, which means you'd see them in the shape you originally saw them, which would have been your worst fear at the time.

Think of their uses in psychology!

I was just thinking that as with most enigmatic and complex characters who stand somewhere between the moral extremes, Snape might well fear his own actions should his self control slip.

that is a good idea but i am not sure...

it could be his father - remeber that memory harry saw when he was being 'taught' occlumency? But shampoo is probably a good a guess as any...maybe it's something totally irational, like skin products, for instance?

On a different note, i wonder what Moody's boggart is....

Back