Lost: Season Three

Sawyer will always think of the women as the deadliest because they are more of a fret to him personally, women have always been his weakness; the reason he got caught by the police, the reason he lost his gun to Ana.

Yay! Lost starts again on UK Television Sunday night - right after 24 on Sky One!

CAN'T WAIT!

Well, any thoughts on the return of Lost last week?

Alex is Ben's daughter.
Juliette herself is a sort of captive and we learned alot about her life before the island (over 3 years now). And why did they need a fertility researcher? Who did they need to get pregnant?
What they were doing to Carl reminded me alot of the brainwashing in A Clockwork Orange.
What will become of Jack? Juliette's replacement? (if she's alowed to go home)
Cool to see Ethan show up a couple of times. Loved the getting hit by a bus thing. What happened to the man who "recruted" Juliette? Something tells me we have not seen the last of him.

Next week, all about Desmond...

So, Alex can't be both Rousseau's daughter and Ben's daughter, or can she? Turned out alright with parents like that though? Where did Carl, her boyfriend, come from - was he shipwrecked or was he brought by the others for experimenation/brainwashing?

Is the man who tried to hire Juliette Ben's boss? Is his company part of DARMA or Hanso, or something else? Are the experiments on Carl and the interest in Clare's baby and Walt, related to Juliette's research - there is a theme of children running through all?

Just my thoughts.

So, Alex can't be both Rousseau's daughter and Ben's daughter, or can she?

I don't know why she couldn't be, either biological or "adopted" (stolen from Rousseau). But at this point, I'm so confused that, for a moment, I wondered if the tumor that Jack removed from Ben's spine was the result of one of Juliette's fertility experiments--like that male mouse that she managed to impregnate in the lab before going to work on the island. Then I returned to my senses.

How long has Rousseau been on the island? I thought it was some 16 years. Not long enough to have a child with Ben like Alex.

Thats right. Her child was not fathered by Ben. (at least by what is known so far).

See here

Meaning that either Ben has been telling Alex that he is her father or that she is not the same "Alex". Im leaning towards the former. The other "others" either are unaware of her true parentage or are also perpetrating the story.
She could be 16. If Erica Durance on Smallville can be 18-19, then the actress playing Alex can be 16 ;)

Rousseau tells the survivors many times that the others came and took her daughter Alex from her 16 years ago. It's pretty obvious who Alex really is. Nothing in Lost is ever a coinsidence. They would not have two Alex's that are 16 years old and raised amoung the others.

Another thought - When Juliette's ex-husband got mown down by the speeding van, that certainly hit me as another imagination come to life moment - like the Polar Bear from the comic, or the guitar in the tree. But Juliette was not on the island at the time. It could have been a pure coincidence that she mentioned him being hit by a van, but as Young Jedi just said - nothing in Lost is a coincidence.

I figured that either his murder was arranged, or her "flashbacks" werent entirely "real". Much like Desmond's return to his past in the last episode.
I dont entirely rule out coincidence though ;)

Juliette came to the island to help with fertility problems the inhabitants were experiencing. It is my opinion that you cannot conceive a baby while within the magnetic force surrounding the island. The Others cannot have children of their own and so they steal children (as seen in "The Other 48 Days"). That is their way of procreating. If you arrive on the island already pregnant, then it may be possible to give birth (Claire definitely and perhaps Rosseau were pregnant before their arrival on the island and this makes their babies special as they survived the full-term pregnancy).

Just a theory...

Yes, well there's Sun who found out she was pregnant on the island. It is possible she was already pregnant - and who's the father?

Dharma/Hanso/whatever wanted Juliette and her research and killed her ex-husband who was holding her back. In the conversation in the morgue, they clearly threatened the life of her sister and her baby as well if Juliette did not go work for them. And it was a bus not a van. That was another shock considering she said it in the interview.

This week's episode of time travel and Desmond was probably one of the most important episodes so far. Is the link the override key (which was lost when the hatch exploded - but there are other hatches on the island)? Are they stuck in time somehow and are given a chance to see their faults and mistakes so that they do not make the same ones again - like Desmond did?

I was shocked when the woman in the store told Desmond he was supposed to give the ring back. He is becoming one of the intriging characters.

And Charlie is going to die...it's a matter of when not how.

Next week...3 of the biggest mysteries are revealed including what happened to the children.

So, we learned more about our favourite doctor.

"He walks among us but is not one of us."

Do you suppose it means that he is a leader and a great man but that makes him alone and angry like the Thai woman told him? The one who marked him, Ashtra.

Yeah, I basically took it at face value. Not sure how to read much more into it.
Yet more characters introduced. **sigh**
The previews promised answers to, what was it, three of the biggest questions of the series? If that was one of the big episodes of the season, the remainder of the season must be hour after hour of watching paint dry.
The second half of this season is supposed to get better. Im still in, but Im still waiting.....

Heroes is my new favorite.

I'm puzzled about what the "three big mysteries" and their answers were supposed to be. Like Trey, I assume that one of the three was the translation of Jack's tattoos. But what were the other two? That the Others live on the big island and want to give the kidnapped kids "a better life" than the crash-survivors have? And that the stewardess, kids, and a few other people are "watching"?

Watching what?

And what's the significance of the little girl (one of the kidnapped kids, right?) asking Jack how Anna Lucia is? Was that just supposed to show that the "Watchers" and the kids don't know that Anna Lucia is dead? Or are we supposed to think that maybe she didn't die?

I was puzzling that out myself.
I **think** the mysteries were:
1. Jack's tattoo (which I never cared much about anyway)
2. what happened to the stewardess
3. what happened to the children

I could be wrong, but that's about all I can make of it.

I thought the "watching" must have been Juliet's trial.
Yeah, the little girl asking about Ana Lucia was a bit forced in. I can only guess that it was supposed to show that hadnt been "brainwashed" or complicit in any way, although Id have to imagine that knowledge would have been kept from the children anyway even if the adults had full knowledge of what transpired.
Im really curious to see how they explain away Ethan's sociopathic behavior, particularly the hanging of Charlie, if we are supposed to be led to believe that the "others" are only acting with the best of intentions. To be honest, I dont buy for one second they had Ethan completely planned out from the beginning. All this new "surgeon" business is clearly a ret-con.

I also didnt get Tom telling Jack that people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. Wasnt it Tom and his buddies that grabbed Walt, fired at Sawyer & Michael and blew up their boat? It seems to me the "others" initiated the violence.

Seems like Im just full of negatives this week. Sorry. Ill try to find positives next week to talk about.

I agree with all that. I admire the way in which questions get 80% answered yet produce two more questions, but I'm beginning to worry that everything will not have an explanation in the end.

The "others" are not good people forced to do things through some circumstances we have not yet been told about. They have done some very bad things, and they did them without provocation, and right from the first meeting.

I still think they are all in Limbo (of the children). I suggested that in my first post about Lost, before I had even watched an episode. The producers deny it, but I still can't see any other explanation that fits everything we've seen. The children are getting a better life than they would have had they gone directly to Hell. The adults are doing some penance for their sins.

That fails to fully explain DHARMA/Hanso or the bears or the black smoke though.

I also didnt get Tom telling Jack that people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. Wasnt it Tom and his buddies that grabbed Walt, fired at Sawyer & Michael and blew up their boat? It seems to me the "others" initiated the violence.

I think they referred to when they caught Ben and held him captive while Said tortured him(actually Rousseau caught him and give hime to Jack and company - but notice she did not tell Jack or Said who he was so that begs the question does she know who Ben is as the leader of the Others, that he's got her daughter and that he's a very bad man OR was she playing into Ben's plan) . When that happened, it was about the same time as the raft incident and Michael was still being held by the Others. In Tom's view, I'm sure the violence was a factor of Sawyer first pulling the gun on them and them refusing to give over Walt as they firmly believe that they are giving the children a better life.

Deperate people do desperate things in deperate times...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Lost 0
Judderman Lost 42
TK-421 Lost 13
TK-421 Lost 66
I Lost 5