Lost: Season 5 (Spoilers)

TK-421

I Do Not Sow
Returns early 2009, likely in February.

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!!!

We will come to learn that one of the following is true in Lost's fifth season premiere. A. The Island moved forward in time. B. The Island moved backward in time. C. The Island did not move in time, but it did move in space -- to another location on the planet. D. The Island did not move in time or space -- it's still there, but Dharma tech renders it invisible to the naked eye.

Hurley will be introduced to Sayid's new career.

Ana Lucia is returning to the show and one episode will involve her in car chase scene with Hurley.

There will be a slate on new characters.

Locke is back and in a wheelchair. Matthew Abbadon will be with him. Abbadon is shot in a cemetary. Walt is also back more regularly.

Locke and Ben will visit Hurley.

We will learn Jin's true faith by about episode 4.

Sawyer, Juliet, Charlotte and Miles are fine at first. There seems like the survivors will again be attacked but not sure by whom.

Daniel Farraday will eventually come ashore and will seem crazy.

There is an off-island Dharma station in Australia at Uluru where Rose and Bernard went for their honeymoon.

There is a huge connection with Desmond's all-seeing friend Fionnula Flanagan.

There is a big reveal to Locke on the secrets of the island and a hige twist with Jacob.

Charlotte's past will reveal some of the island's mysteries.

There will be scenes involving Jack, Ben, Sun, Sayid and Desmond all together off island.

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!

ABC has confirmed that Lost is back on January 21st. Sneak peek of Kate and Aaron available on the ABC website. Non-US residents should go here:
Lost Spoilers - The Ultimate Lost Spoiler Site: Compilation of Promo's and Trailers

The titles of the episodes to date:

5.01 - Because You Left

5.02 - The Lie

5.03 - Jughead

5.04 - The Little Prince

5.05 - This Place is Death

5.06 - The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham

5.07 - 316

5.08 to 5.10 have no titles released yet.

More spoilers:

Sayid will have a new love interest.

Rousseau and Walt will be back.

Micheal will stay dead.

Jack will resign from the hospital.

Sayid will be attacked. Likely in a scene set in Russia. He will join Ben in getting Hurley out of the institution.

The Desmond/Penny happy ending will not last.

New characters linked to the early days of Dharma will be introduced.

The 4-toed statue will make a return.

We will visit the Others camp again.

Abaddon will be in scenes with Locke, Ben, Walt and Hurley.

Ok, So if you did not watch the season premiere last night, then hit your back button as fast as possible...

...still with me, OK. Well, the 2-hour premiere (with a 1-hour summary episode with Cuse and Lindoff before that) was excellent, if not one of the best season premier's so far.

I can see how the story is now starting to answer alot more questions than it is asking. This season will certainly be focused on the Oceanic 6 trying to get back to the island and the plight of the survivors who are still there.

First off, Locke rocks! Period! I mean who were those soldiers/mercenaries at the end that Locke killed to save Sawyer and Juliet is anyone's guess but I had the feeling the island had jumped fairly back in time, even before the Dharma Initiative. I can now see how we will again come into contact with Rousseau (and maybe even her fellow researchers who died) as well as Yemi and others. But who shot the flaming arrows into the survivors. Those same soldiers/mercenaries or the Others?

So Jack is with Ben. But what's up with Sayid? After working for Ben for the last couple of years assassinating people, why all of a sudden did he tell Hurley not to trust him and to do the exact opposite? Did they have a falling out?

Poor Kate. Always running from something. Acutally when she was talking with Sun and asked her what kind of person she thinks she is, I yelled out: "a murderer!!!" But why did Sun ask Kate how was Jack in that tone and did you see Kate's reaction? Does Sun blame Jack for Jin's death? Does she know that Jack is now collaborating with Ben, who up to know seemed to be the person that Sun blamed and going as far as seeking to make an alliance with Charles Whitmore?

As for Desmond, he now is heading to Oxford to seek Daniel's mother.

What is the significance of the compass that Richard gave Locke? I have the feeling that Richard plays a bigger role that we think.

And at the end, we saw the woman who sold Desmond the engagement ring and told him of the future. What was that contraption in the basement of the church and why working on old computers. It seemed it was all being used to track the location of the island as it jumped around.

I was chocked at seeing Ana Lucia although I knew she was suppose to make special appearance. "Oh, and Libby says hi." That was great. Interesting that they are all still dead and that as Daniel explained, one cannot do anything to change the events of the past. But Daniel was there with the Dharma Initiative when they were building the Orchid Station.

What's going on with Charlotte? Is she dying? I thought I read somewhere that more will be revealed about her links to the island.

If Locke met Ethan in the past now, why did Ethan not recognize him later?

Anyways, good stuff and looking forward to next week and every week from now on that Lost is back.

TK-421 said:
I can see how the story is now starting to answer alot more questions than it is asking.

Que? There is no possible way to newly introduce (even if we were expecting it) time travel and then answer more questions than were asked.

I liked the two episodes, and the recap beforehand was great, but I'm worried about this avenue they're taking.

And Sawyer needs to tell me his buffet restaurant.

I gotta leave my 'puter, if I get a chance later I'll try to post a more coherent thought about the episodes.

Oh, my new signature at the board I mod is three words in bold:

Needs.More.Hurley.

I thought the first episode was good. By the 2nd one my heart kind of sank as the island kept jumping around. A large part of the appeal of Lost is trying to imagine what will happen next, where the path we're on will end up (though I don't try too hard to figure things out or keep track of spoilers and so on).

When the island jumps forward and backwards...multiple times...in one episode...it's just too willy-nilly for me. Hopefully that stops and soon. Or else it would be like if in that old show Quantum Leap, he leaped into 5 different people's lives each episode instead of one. It would just be incoherent madness.

Depending how the show ends up...it'll either be looked on as the best sci-fi show in TV history...or it'll be a monumental disaster. There's really no middle ground. Will the 6th season be the last? Is that right?

Yes, the show is scheduled to end in 2010 with season 6.

Updated titles of upcoming episodes:

5.03: Jughead
5.04: The Little Prince
5.05: This Place is Death
5.06: The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham
5.07: 316
5.08: LeFleur
5.09: Namaste
5.10: He's Our You
5.11: Whatever Happened Happened

With each episode, Ben keeps surprising me. It became very obvious why he hired he lawyer to try to take Aaron away from Kate. Because it would cause Kate to do what she does best: run.

Now we meet a young Rousseau. We see that Jin is alive but stuck with Rousseau and her shipwrecked mates. If only Sawyer, Locke and company find him. Funny how Rousseau never gave any hint of remembering that she once met Jin. Maybe she doesn't remember because she was little messed up after some 18 years on the island.

What is going on between Sayid and Ben???

I have a theory about the young blond woman we met in the last episode along with a young Charles Witmore and Richard. She had a funny accent I could not place. I think she is Daniel Farraday's mother and the woman in Los Angeles that Ben is taking directions from. The one in the church basement.

I think its probably time someone found them all, sent them all home or alternatively use the island to test nucelar bombs!
Apologies to Lost fans, but they lost me season one with the bears....

Ok, then we'll ignore that opinion. BTW, the last episode before this one had a hydrogen bomb from the 50's in it (when the US military was supposedly using the island as a testing site)that is apparently is burried on the island.

Funny how Rousseau never gave any hint of remembering that she once met Jin. Maybe she doesn't remember because she was little messed up after some 18 years on the island.

I wondered about that, too, but then I realized that it depends on how much time Jin spends with Rousseau's people. If he's shifting in time like the other survivors, he'll only be with them until the next white flash. Would you remember someone you met only briefly 18 years ago? I know that I wouldn't.

Last episode was boring. Feels like they're just stretching out episodes. I wish there was a flash of light and I was transported forward in time to when Ben and "The 6" get back to the island. Until then it's just wasting time playing the "what is everyone's motive exactly?" game. I don't care, just get on with it already!

I mean really...it was a pretty meaningless episode. We got the island folk flashing around to meaningless "remember when..." moments, getting nose-bleeds; and back in L.A. Ben is rounding up the gang.

Yip-dee-doo.

That's not even getting into the waste of time the "Sawyer sees Kate helping Claire give birth" scene. Yeah...he cares about her...we get it.

I guess the 2 "big revelations" of the episode were that the lawyer is Ben's, and that Jin went back in time and met Rousseau.

That's pretty weak. For all we know, Jin will flash out of their next episode before she can say "au revoir". And Ben will just keep going on about how they all must return to the island, "it must be all 6 of you", blahblahblah.

We know, we know. They all must return. And they all will, eventually, after they're done stretching out this whole L.A. plotline, while they also have Daniel slooooooooooooowly figuring out what's going on with the island, and explaining it to that group and us...which he won't do in any adequate sort of way until they get to the Orchid Station and he has one of his "Oh I See! This all makes sense! Why didn't I see this earlier!" moments...

GET ON WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the next episode doesn't end with Ben & the 6 getting on a boat/plane for the island...then the producers deserve to get smacked.

Anyway, that's the last Lost episode I get to see until the season is over. (Doesn't air in China). Love the show to death...but hopefully something else actually happens this season!

Well, Monty, I think they have to tell us how Locke gets off the island before they can allow the 6 to come back (if they even make it back). That would explain the title of not the next episode but the one after.

Well, Monty, I think they have to tell us how Locke gets off the island before they can allow the 6 to come back (if they even make it back). That would explain the title of not the next episode but the one after.

Maybe Lock gets flashed back in time to when his father is on the island, and his dad pushes him off a cliff...body washes out to sea.

I don't know...with the time travel pandora's box open it's completely pointless to play the "what happens next" game any more. Really hard not to feel like they're making it up as they go along.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Lost 0
Judderman Lost 42
TK-421 Lost 66
I Lost 5
Carolyn Hill Lost 132