7.18: Dirty Girls

obcooke

OB-Wan
Caleb's coming and there's gonna be trouble...

Oh, and Faith arrives too.

Even the one who sees what the others can't won't be able to see this ending coming.

Just watched it!!!
We had a schedule/time change do to a red socks game.however i finally got to watch it at like 11pm.
Ooh, it's getting good!!!
I don't want to post any spoilers soo, just know that it's deffently not a boring eppy...:D

(haven't read anything yet -- further comments once I have)

This is my opinion on last night's ep ---

Buffy is *so* jealous!

The Spike and Faith scenes were excellent! Totally the highlight of the episode!

And honestly, the only parts that were really interesting. The stuff with that priest guy – kind of annoying and kind of boring and more confusing than not havin' him around – is this the new warrior of the First? Or is this guy like Jasmine from Angel?

Buffy: It could be a girl. A potential trying to get to us.
Giles: Or it could be a stapler.

*snort* Loved that line. THAT is Giles-ish. Moreso than he has been of late.

Still, the Spike and Faith stuff was the best. The punching and the "Stop. Hitting. Me!" hehe. And the whole scene after Buffy shows up and punches Faith in the face: Faith asks if B's protecting vamps and wonders if she's the good slayer now and lalala – and why are they chasing a helpless…

Buffy: That's one of the bad guys.

Faith kicks the vamp's ass and they trek back to Slayer-Central. And hostility –

Oh and thank the gods for CONTINUITY! Faith has Dawn memories and Dawn has Faith memories – oh they wrote something in! *jumps for joy that they didn't forget!*

Then Faith must escape the raving teenagers! So, she has a smoke with Spike in the basement. And was that like the coolest conversation in Buffy history or what? And this is where the 'Buffy is so jealous' bit comes from – she comes down the stairs and is concerned about Faith and Spike talking? Um – they're really not all that different – they have LOTS they could talk about – continuity again – the "This Year's Girl" scene! – and Buffy would only be overly concerned if she was still in love with Spike – which, yeah, I think she is. How does Spike feel about her? Hard to say – but he seems to be way more mature about this whole 'relationship' than Buffy is.

The scenes in this ep would lend well to a Faith / Spike spin-off – but from my understanding, that idea might be scrapped b/c of Eliza's Fox pilot… but, there's time still I guess – b/c I think Joss said he didn't wanna do a new show for the next season – he wanted to wait – probably not a bad idea – take time to work out ideas and such – we'll see.

Can't believe I forgot this -- but what the hell did they do to Xander?! OMG!!

Btw - this episode is better the 1st time through - b/c I liked it a bit until I started trying to watch it the 2nd time - and it was not as interesting -- so I skipped to the Spike parts...

added @ 12:45 EST -- where was Anya? I don't remember seeing her at all in this ep. And they didn't mention her either.

Oh - one more thing -- Andrew is annoying. Can we get rid of him? Sure, he was there to exposition to the potentials about Faith - someone has to, that used to be Giles' job...

Originally posted by slayerette
Just watched it!!!
We had a schedule/time change do to a red socks game.however i finally got to watch it at like 11pm.
Ooh, it's getting good!!!
I don't want to post any spoilers soo, just know that it's deffently not a boring eppy...:D

They're not spoilers if it's w/in the episode thread -- you can comment all you want on it in here ---

I got to watch it at it's normal time - but - was also trying to watch the NHL playoffs too -- eeek! and the NJ Devils lost - bad bad Devils; but - the Dallas Stars (this game was joined in the 2nd period about 22:00 est so didn't mess w/ Buffy viewing) kicked some butt and beat Edmonton - woohoo!!

(end hockey commentary)

I know I'm a week late, but my groups 'Buffy Night' elected to wait a week to view this episode.

I just wanted to put my $0.02 in regarding Andrew: I think the scene with andrew was the best in what was otherwise the worst episode of Buffy I can think of. His story added a moment of levity to an otherwise depressing episode. I liked it because it served its purpose without being overdone (like the Xander scene at the beginning).

Oh - this was far from the worst episode of Buffy ever --

I think 'Wrecked' still holds that position -- nothing like 'magic-crack' to make you want to run screaming from the tv and hide until a good episode airs...

Now, I won't say this episode was great - but it was better than some -- ie: "Bring on the Night" --

I liked the Spike / Faith scenes -- not necessarily b/c I'm a huge Spike fan, but b/c the dialogue worked so nicely - those two could banter for hours and still come up with new things to say -- it works...

I thought this was one of the better episodes this season - faiths back, theres a new big bad, lots of fighting.

So whats the deal with Caleb? Is he a demon, or a god, or what? Cos so far he seems like even more of a big bad than the First.

I thought the 2 scenes between Spike and Faith were hilarious, as was Giles' "Stapler" line. Its great to have Faith back, i really missed her! :D
But I didn't like Xander's dream scene, i thought it was totally out of character with the rest of the episode.

But the ending was terrific, great fighting, and the seriousness of everybody getting injured. Do you think Xander is blind now? I hope not. It was kind of stupid of Buffy to go in there totally unprepared tho. :(

I can't wait for next weeks episode now, things are really hotting up!

Only getting round to commenting on this episode now - but check out the sexual chemistry between Spike and Faith! Sparks ahoy - is Faith after Buffy boyfriend no. 3? They would make a good couple actually but wouldn't like to see them fall out ;)

Rest of the episode - quite average really - but kind of felt sorry for Buffy at the end, watching the damage that she had done by rushing in unprepared. That'll teach her to listen to Giles...

And poor Xander - hope he's okay.

Calem (is that his name) - could be interesting, but he should've been brought in earlier in the series, so we had a chance to warm up to him, like Glory. Do you ever get the feeling that BTVS is picking off institutions one by one like education (Sunnydale High), politics (the Mayor), science (Adam) - could this be religion???

What was Xander's dream about? (I missed the beginning of the episode)