What's your favourite Vampire movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabitha

Save Angel!
Do you have one? I think I love the vampire sub-genre quite a lot. There aren't many that I have seen that I didn't like. From the profound (Shadow of the Vampire) to the inane (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), I love em all.

Well, i've only seen three of those movies, probably the most well known - Interview With The Vampire, Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie and Blade. And i have to say they're all my favs! All for different reasons of course, they're all so different that i cant decide which one i should pick?! I love the Buffy one for even giving Joss the idea for BtVS and its general hilariousness and lines that you just have to laugh at, or Interview With The Vampire for giving us so many hotties in one movie, lol, only joking (*cough*) but its a classic for so many reasons i dont have time to write down, and Blade because it brought the vampire legend to the modern era (maybe Buffy the series did that too?), Wesley Snipes looks hot in leather and its generally a cool, engaging movie.

I'm gonna pick Interview With The Vamp cos it was the first vamp movie i ever saw and it got me interested in the whole blood-sucker, creature of the night thing :D

xxx

According to http://us.imdb.com/Title?0103893 Whedon was responsible for the movie too. I read somewhere recently that his concept for the movie was dragged off-course by the studio, but I am not sure where or what the real context of that statement was.

Interview with the Vampire was wonderful - don't forget it also gave us Kirsten Dunst! She was amazing as the child vampire Claudia.

I just realised I forgot From Dusk Till Dawn. Now that's another good one...

Oh yeah with George Clooney! I actually really like that movie :D its funny in a freaky sort of way :)

Yeah i think it was Joss's script but that whoever directed it etc massacred it. I actually loved the movie lol, the acting was so cheesy you had to love it :D

xxx

interview with the vampire is deffinitly my fave :D its veryyyyy good :D :rolly2:

I vote for Interview with The Vampire, love it specially because I love all the Anne Rice's books and it was good to see my favorite vampire Lestat portray in a movie. :D I haven't see Queen of The Dammed yet, probably this month. And my second favorite is not on the list but is John Carpenter's Vampires, totally love it specially because have one of my favorite actors in it, Thomas Ian Griffith. And have to say my third favorite of the list would have to be Blade. :p

Krystal :cool:

1977 Television Version The Best

PBS offered a 3-part Dracula version starring Louis Jourdan produced in 1977 that for me was the best vampire movie of all time because it followed Bram Stoker's novel closely and it had the feel, the period, the acting just right to evoke the true nature of Dracula.

Count Dracula (1977) (TV)

Directed by
Philip Saville

Writing credits
Gerald Savory (adaptation)
Bram Stoker (novel)

Genre: Horror (more)

Plot Summary: For those familiar with Bram Stoker's novel, this adaptation follows the book quite closely in most respects... (more)

User Comments: Memorable seventies BBC version (more)

User Rating: 8.1/10 (94 votes)

Credited cast:
Louis Jourdan (I) .... Count Dracula
Frank Finlay .... Abraham van Helsing
Judi Bowker .... Wilhelmina 'Mina' Westerna
Susan Penhaligon .... Lucy Westenra
rest of cast listed alphabetically
Richard Barnes (I) .... Quincey P. Holmwood
Mark Burns (I) .... Dr. John Seward
Susie Hickford .... Vampire
Bosco Hogan .... Jonathan Harker
Belinda Meuldijk .... Vampire
Ann Queensberry .... Mrs. Westena
George Raistrick .... Bowles
Jack Shepherd (I) .... Renfield
Sue Vanner .... Vampire
(more)

Runtime: USA:180 min
Language: English
Color: Color

Hmmmm. Sounds interesting. Never seen it myself (never heard of any of those people either), but it is always amazing how tv with a relatively small budget can knock the socks off all those 50+ million dollar movies.
I was going to add in Salem's Lot as well, but I couldn't decide whether it was a movie or a mini-series. I think the latter.

Speaking of the original Dracula story, I did actually manage to quite like Coppola's Dracula while at the same time recognising that it was a bit of a travesty... Go figure :confused:

Tabitha whats that vampire spoof with (maybe) Leslie Neilson in it? I think its on sometime this week :) but cant remember the name of it to look!

xxx

Originally posted by Sammy O'Neill
Tabitha whats that vampire spoof with (maybe) Leslie Neilson in it? I think its on sometime this week :) but cant remember the name of it to look!

xxx
This is bringing to mind "Repossessed" - but that is a spoof of The Exorcist, although it might have Vampire stuff in it too. I can't think of a Leslie Neilson spoof...

Buffy Because of the Movie or Television Series?

Are you really saying that the movie, "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" really gets high ratings and not because it spawned the highly rated television series?

Tabitha, i found the name of that movie! Dracula: Dead and Loving It! Hehe, i actually never ended up watching it cos i was distracted but i did check to see if it is Leslie Nielson, and it is. :)

xxx

Yeh! I noticed a listing for it in the tv guide this week - didn't have enough spare time to give it a watch, but adverts are beginning to resurface and it was probably dire anyway :rolleyes:

Re: Buffy Because of the Movie or Television Series?

Originally posted by tabuno
Are you really saying that the movie, "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" really gets high ratings and not because it spawned the highly rated television series?

nope, sorry, i LOVE the movie. not just because it spawned the show, but i love the movie itself. you should have seen the dance i did when i found out they were going to turn the movie into a series. i knew they would have to do the series differently than the movie, but i was still really excited.

i kind of liked dracula: dead and loving it. it's one of the few leslie nielson movies i can sit all the way through.

Avoided Seeing Buffy - The Movie

I have to admit that I've never see Buffy: The Vampire Slayer the movie because I've heard that it wasn't nearly as good as the television series. I didn't want to be disappointed. So now I'm confused. Isn't true that most people, movie critics, audiences really didn't like the movie version that well?

I saw the Buffy movie not long after it came out - I liked it. In the same way that I really liked Clueless, it was goofy, something a bit different (at the time), and fairly enjoyable. Give it a watch if you get the chance Tabuno, you might like it more than you expect, just try not to make everything in the film fit with what has subsequently happened in the series.

Forget nearly everything you know about the series when you watch the film, its a spoof, its dorky but its still great fun. If you have the same expectations you have for the series you'll be sadly disappointed cos they're totally different as far as i can remember.

(BTW Tabuno - movie critics rarely like anything ;))

xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.