L'Engle, Madeleine: A Wrinkle in Time

tokyogirl

krycek's love slave
a wrinkle in time

has anyone else read this book? if you haven't it's really good. i read it in 5th grade, and have reread it about a hundred times since then. did anyone read it?!?

I've read a few times and it's wonderful! Have you read any of the sequels? There are quite a few of them, and they're wonderful too!

Yes, quite a few! Unfortunetly, I can't remember any of the titled at the moment. Oh, and eventually, they end up being linked to another series that she wrote.

I've read it too, and loved it!! Not heard of the sequels though.

I'm reading one of the sequels at the moment. I haven't read any of the books in The Time Quartet in quite a few years, and I've suddenly realized that I'm too old for them now! It's quite disappointing. The language is too simple for me now. I couldn't stand it and stopped in the middle of the book, even though this was one of the sequels that I had not read. So, for those of you who can still read them and also like to re-read books a few times, make sure you do it before you're too old!

that's really sad!! I think I know what you mean thought, I'll have to read them again, see if I'm still young enough.

I concur! Unfortunatly, I've been trying to not grow up since I was ten and it's not working! I've failed miserabley! I want to go to Never Never Land!

i still go into toy stores with my friends and remember the good old toys we used to have. and then we sometimes go home and play with them!:D

Madeleine L'Engle.

I've given you a forum for these books. Hope this is the correct series, you didn't give the author.

The sequels to 'A Wrinkle in Time' are, 'A Swiftly Tilting Planet ', 'A Wind in the Door' , ' Many Waters', and 'An Acceptable Time'.

grrrr, thanks a lot dave! now that i actually know all their NAMES, that means i can find them and have to read them as soon as possible. plus all the other ones i'm reading this summer....grrrr....

well, it's on the list. and if job hunting keeps going the way it is i just might get to all of them this summer

this is good

A Wrinkle In Time is proberly the book that introduced me to Science Fiction/Fantasy. And I still love it after all these years.

The Author madeline l'engel had a website http://www.madeleinelengle.com/ she is still around and kicking! Cool!

that's cool. my mom told me to read it in like 4th grade or something and i loved it. then we read it for class again in 5th grade. then the whole class loved it:D

When I was in 5th grade my teacher read A Wrinkle in Time to our class and I remember enjoying more than any other book in my elementary years.

Just this past year (11th grade) I went back and read the first three books in the series (Wrinkle, Tilting Planet, and Wind in the Door). A Wrinkle in Time is definately the best of the three. The other two were so so. I really got bored on the last one.

Charles Wallace is one of those very memorable characters you find only a few of in literature.

-From a guy cooler than Zaphod Beeblebrox (hee-hee)

i think i really need to go back and read this one as well as the others. especially since i never read the others.