Highlander TV Series

Ok for everyone who hasn't heard Highlander will be airing again starting on Monday April 14 on TNN at 5pm USA Est time. Check your local tv guild for your times.

So if it starts at the begining and is on everyday it should be a few weeks before Methos. I'm so excited!!!!

Excellent!!

Now - someone report back and let us all know how much chopping and cutting of the eps they do --

I'd do it - but I don't get home from work until 17:30 EST ---- and it's no fun watching from the middle -- ;)

Well I can't remeber what the show used to look like...so I can't tell if they cut it a lot. Anyone else watching who rembers what the show used to look like????

I see it but unfortunately I haven't see the series since the beginning so this is my opportunity to see the ones I missed. Unfortunately I get home when the episode is finishing, so I probably will have to tape the one they showing late at night. They repeating the episode at midnight or something like that.

Krystal :D

Well, I have 4 of the seasons on VHS - 1, 3, 4, & 5 -- so, I have the 'uncut' versions -- and USA used to cut a lot out, and since they've moved to TNN, even MORE might be cut now--- who knows -

I'm not home when it's on and I'm not waiting up until midnight - sorry --- *sigh* -- if I could remember what they cut, I could post 'missing pieces' ---

hmmmmm -- there's an idea --- ;)

New to this....

Actually, 'new to this' doesn't begin to cover it.

I only started looking up Highlander stuff on the 'net after stumbling accross one of the films late one night a few weeks back. Out of interest about the whole concept/bordem while online, I looked it up. Found stuff on the series. It looked pretty good. Found that it had finished in '98 and to my knowledge wasn't shown on UK terrestrial TV.

Oh, great, that's just great......
:rolleyes:

(BTW, I thought Peter Wingfield was good as Tanith on SG-1 (whom they killed off way too soon!!), but as Methos..... - a world away from 'The Archers' )

Hey - cool! Welcome to the Highlander section!!

(and please allow the busier-than-all- get-out mod some slack for not doing this 12 days ago!)

Um - as for air times in the UK for Highlander -- check w/ digi-guide - I think --- go here: http://www.markpud.com and see if Mark's got anything up about Highlander. I know he at least has a link to digi-guide if nothing else. (He's more of a 'Buffy'-man - but he digs Highlander too) --

Oh - and Season 1 of HL is out on DVD -- I dunno how much it costs, and I think it's only available in R1 (if it's even region coded) -- but if you have a region-free player - you should be all set --- oh - and if Mark's around - they lowered the price a little - just don't order it through the HL store -- they charge an arm and a leg and your firstborn --

There's all kinds of Highlander stuff all around the net --

I wanna say I have some links in this section. If not, there should be some in the Gen Disc area ---

And if you still can't find what you're looking for -- give a shout - someone probably has a link to it, or can point you in the right direction!!

Thanks for the information Highlander II, it's much appreciated.

I don't come on Ascifi as much as I used to, but I thought this would be a good place to start.

Will be checking out Digiguide when I get the chance, and looking 'round the net for stuff.

Thanks again!

No problem!

I do know you can get the movies - all 4 of them (even though the last one is horrid!) on DVD in R2 --

Any other questions -- gimme a yell -- :)

My father is a good friend of one of the series many directors, frenchman Gerard Hameline. He showed me some backstage stuff he shot during his stay in Canada, very interesting.

please who was subtitles in romanian ori in english to the highlander season 1 and 2? if anyone can help me... please. please give some answers. thank you

Highlander is one of the TV series from the '90's that I really miss and the films were terrible!

Highlander is one of the TV series from the '90's that I really miss and the films were terrible!

I thought the first film was pretty good. It's what got me interested. I almost didn't give the series a chance because I thought it might ruin that experience. Seems funny, I guess, in retrospect.

The other films...not so good, I can agree.

It's one of the serias I would like to see it again and again. Whenever I listen Queen's *Who wants to live forever* I think about Duncan MacLeod and Tessa and Methos and so many others.

It's one of the serias I would like to see it again and again. Whenever I listen Queen's *Who wants to live forever* I think about Duncan MacLeod and Tessa and Methos and so many others.

When I hear "Dust in the Wind" I sometimes think of Duncan and Tessa.

*Sigh* I wonder why they don't show us this series anymore.
Fortunately, I have the DVDs.

Two years ago, I 'watched' the series while grading papers for a semester. It slowed me down a bit, because I could listen in the background and pay attention at the more pivotal parts. Couldn't do it while grading essays and such, but multi task when you can, right?

Do you know if they are still selling them ? I think this one it's worth buying it.

Oh, multi task is every day regular business. When I have to do only one thing, I look around and have the impression something is really wrong. :D

Never mind for my question above. I have just checked on Amazon and they ask almost 300 $ for series 1-6. Maybe I can buy each series separately.