~Specific advice on literary agents needed!

Sevel

Silly...Little...Cali Gal
yeah i just finished a sci fi/fantasy novel i've been working on for over three years and now i want to get it published...(for a bit of background, i've been writing for over half my life in over 25 different books, but this is my first to try and get published)..i heard that getting a literary agent first is best before seeking a publisher, so...can anybody give me some references to RELIABLE and HONEST literary agents? i really need to find a good one soon..if anybody can give me some specific advice and information about this first step in the process, that would be great (and yeah i know there are other topics about publishing and stuff, but i dont have the time to look for them all right now, i just need specific help ASAP...thanks much, be blessed! = )

~H.

hey i appreciate it a lot! i'll check out everything i can = )

I'm not sure what you mean by reliable, Sevel, but Baen is a major publisher in the SF/Fantasy field, going back for more than twenty years, and Jim Baen, who started the company and continues to run in, goes back even further than that. They publish a lot of big-name authors.

But I've never worked with them myself, so I can't tell you anything more specific than that.

alrighty then, thanks! that was the kind of information i was needing...i'll check out this publisher for right now.