Zombie film fans?

valis

Are there any Zombie film fans in the forum? I've been a massive fan since I was a kid, and can't wait for the release of Zombie filmmaking legend George A. Romero's "Land of the Dead". Romero, of course, previosuly directed Night of the Living dead, Dawn of the Dead, and Day of the Dead. In fact he pretty much invented the genre!

Land of the Dead is already out in the US, and the trailer looks great! Clips from the film can be seen at the official fan website "Zombie Army" at:

http://zombiearmy.fanpimp.com/zombiearmy/index.html?fuseaction=tools.invlink&u=Charles_D_Ward&linkID=5

An article about Romero and the Pittsburg premiere is also here:

http://zombiearmy.fanpimp.com/zombiearmy/index.html?fuseaction=tools.invlink&u=Charles_D_Ward&linkID=44

i only ever liked 2 zombie films, resident evil and shaun of the dead

Shaun_of_the_Dead_220x.jpg_710015.jpg

just love the part in the bar when the zombie pub manager comes down
"Dont stop me now, im having such a good time, im having a ball"

Interestingly - the guys from Shaun of the Dead are massive Romero fans (the film is in many ways a comedic homage to Romero's films) and actually have a cameo role as Zombies in Land of the Dead.

Never been a fan of zombie movies... Got scared as a child by Zombie Flesheaters!!! Gave me nightmares for months!!!

Since then, I avoid them like the plague of crap they are... (though I sneaked a peak at Shaun of the Dead, but not for long!!!)

Hi valis and welcome to the boards. There are one or two zombie fans around here so you're in good company. I am a fan of Romero's work (and not just his zombie stuff - Knightriders is a particularly fine film of his). In fact, any director that can work on such low budgets and produce the goods is ok in my book.

Ravenus is probably the most knowledgable around here when it comes to zombie flicks so I've no doubt you'll bump into him soon.

As for me, I will be having a look for Land Of The Dead when it reaches the UK.
Fingers crossed it's a good 'un :)

Thanks for the warn greeting Foxbat!:)

I also appreciate Romero's larger body of work , and yes "Knightriders" is a top film!

Have you seen "Bruiser"? One of his more recent films, and also worth a look.

Have you seen "Bruiser"? One of his more recent films, and also worth a look.

Not yet (so many films...so little time) but I will try to make an effort to do so. I am a great admirer of directors that work on a comparatively low budget and still manage to produce decent movies.

I have also still to see Shaun Of The Dead - I bought it on DVD recently and threw it in the bin in a fit of disgust. It was a faulty disc which froze at the beginning of each chapter - you could say I was suffering from DVD-Rage. I could have went for a refund if my pique had not got the better of me. I shall now have to acquire another. :)

I've seen Bruiser partially...I thought it was a shabbily executed film. The characters were very unidimensional (like in that other Romero film Monkey Shines) and the movie just wasn't very gripping.

I am looking forward to see the new Dead film although I'm also bracing myself for the likelihood that there's not too many places that Romero could take the story after Day. Let's see how the new intelligent zombies turn out. I hope the characterization and acting lives up to the high standards that this series has so far held up.

I got Shaun of the Dead, havent watched it yet. But anything with a Cricket bat has gotta be good.

Eradius Lore said:
i only ever liked 2 zombie films, resident evil and shaun of the dead

Really?
I liked Resident Evil but I think they really stuffed up the storyline, they should of made it more like the game.

Nemisis being a good guy in a sense at the end was ludicrous. He was a rampant, nothing can stop me machine in the game and thats how he shoulda been in the movie throughout.

Calis said:
I got Shaun of the Dead, havent watched it yet. But anything with a Cricket bat has gotta be good.
I don't know, some of those test matches can get bloody boring :p

Watched Shaun of the Dead when it was on Sky last week.

Very good, but I wouldn't have njoyed it without the comedy, so I'm avoiding all other zombie films...

Watch Return of the Living Dead...I think it's a lot more consistently and outrageously funny than Shaun.

Ah, zombie films, great fun! Loved the Romero Zombie Trilogy, Shaun of the Dead great, Zombie Flesheaters was ok, Return of the Living Dead 3 was cool. Saw a low-budget one recently called Stink of Death, not bad, and some dreadful film that I can't remember but finished with a country and western song called "The Mombie Zombie" - she's got 4 limbs, and she's chewin' on 'em, she's got lots of brains, but they ain't hers, etc, etc. Terrible!