Most ANNOYING Star Wars character?

stormbard said:
I don't see what you all hate so mucha bout Jar Jar. Is it that yu've gone so far past your childhood that you can't even remember it anymore, or does his clumsy, geeky nature turn you off? Give him a break, I say. He is what he is, as we all are, and are you so great as to criticise him?
ie- table manners

I agree too. I believe that Lucas was aiming more for a childhood experience in Episode I. I enjoyed Jar Jar.

Two of my favorite lines by Jar Jar.
"You'd say boom da gasser, un crash Der Bosses heyblibber...den banished."
"What yet? Monstairs out dare! Leak'n in here, all'n sink'n,
and nooooo power! You nutsen! WHEN YOUSA TINK WESA IN TROUBLE?!!!?"

My most annoying character was ... wow, this is tough, since I enjoyed all the films. I didn't like the CGI Yoda to say the least. I think it was a bonus to the fight scenes but I still feel that they could've used the puppet for the scenes Yoda wasn't fighting.

This isn't real life people..they had to use the CGI to make it less messy. it would be kind of hard to throw the puppet up and have it still look cool. I still don't like Obi-Wan. But Jar-Jar is still my least favorite....

Young_Flame_ said:
This isn't real life people..they had to use the CGI to make it less messy. it would be kind of hard to throw the puppet up and have it still look cool. I still don't like Obi-Wan. But Jar-Jar is still my least favorite....

Ayuh, maybe that's why this is a science fiction and fantasy forum. Well, in my opinion, the CGI was very messy then, compared to the puppet.

Jar Jar Binks was annoying, but he made up for it with his hilarious clumsiness.

I can't really think of any really annoying characters off the top of my head.

I haven't even seen the movies, but know how annoying Jar Jar is, so he wins hands down.

Yes, Jar jar is annoying...Ewoks, Jar Jar, and Obi Wan are my least favorites. Palpatine and grievous rock..Darth vader is a Trator to the Dark side....

Ewoks, R2D2, C3PO. They are not characters - they are ridiculous, original element, but ruin atmosphere...
I don't like Obi-Wan, but he is not annoying. Every padawan need a jedi, after all. Darht wader without jedi teacher? Nonsense.

in the new movies 3P0 was the most annoying. The problem over all is that some bad script made potentialy good characters annoying, like Anakin: "I wish I could wish my feelings away but I can't." I think Lucas also buckled under public scrutiny and wrote Jar Jar out of the other movies. Instead he should have worked to make us like him. I mean Luke was pretty annoying in Episode 4 but he was able to grow and develop in 5 and 6

ScottSF said:
I think Lucas also buckled under public scrutiny and wrote Jar Jar out of the other movies. Instead he should have worked to make us like him. I mean Luke was pretty annoying in Episode 4 but he was able to grow and develop in 5 and 6

Check the writing and directing credits for Empire (written by Lawrence Kasdan and Leigh Brackett and directed by Irvin Kirshner) and Jedi (Written by Kasdan and Lucas and directed by Richard Marquand). Though I doubt even if Lucas had had the sense to turn over the prequels to those more capable, I doubt Jar Jar was salvageable.

Anakin. He sounded like someone had stuck a needle up his..you know.
What a voice. I got tired half way through the film.
Not to mention everything Winters Sorrow said.

Tea is my copilot said:
Anakin. He sounded like someone had stuck a needle up his..you know.
What a voice. I got tired half way through the film.
Not to mention everything Winters Sorrow said.
Amen... Anakin was annoying, but Jar Jar, the Ewoks, and Threepeo were all to much..

JAR JAR BINKS

This is obvious and doesn't even need a topic :D

(at least the Ewoks didn't talk that much, did kill something AND got exterminated)

nooo I will be the lone voice defending Jar Jar. He is a manifestation of the force, chaos, accidents that aren't accidents. Just because he’s not spouting out off Wisdom like Yoda, or he isn’t an overgrown huMAN’s-best-friend like Chewbacca. This Alienist attitude must end. So he speaks a pidgin form of Galactic Basic, so he’s awkward and clumsy; who of us never went through and awkward stage in our lives! Show some tolerance :p Of course if I keep defending Jar Jar, I’m sure I’ll make some most annoying list. He would be more fun to hang out with than a bunch of stuffy old Jedi. So now here’s my list of top 10 things from the sci-fi fantasy world that annoy me more than Jar Jar

10. When “Science” Fiction movies don’t know the difference between a Solar System, Galaxy, and the Universe.

9. C-3PO’s stuff in the droid factory and Arena in Episode 2 (I’m quite beside myself ::wah wah::)

8. Tim Burton changing the killer of Batman’s parents from Joe Chill to the Joker

7. People who can’t except that Batman Begins is starting fresh and has no relation to any other Batman movies; they will inevitably call any upcoming movie with the Joker in it a “re-make”

6. Data’s stupid brother in Star Trek Nemesis (in fact any part of this movie is more annoying than Jar Jar)

5. 96% of all Anime

4. Most of the dialogue between Padme and Anakin in Episode 2

3. Gambit from the X-men

2. the network execs who cancelled Firefly

1. Captain Kirk

For me it was Anakin.
I loathed Jar Jar, but then, I never had any high expectations for the gawky bumbling, flappy eared idiot.

I had huge expectations for Anakin.

In Ep 1 I was expecting a mystical, powerful, slightly unsettling child who promised greatness with a subtle hint of danger.
What I got was a blonde 50's public information film reject.
"Gee-Wizz Mr Qui-Gon. Is that a Laser-sword? Mooooom. I fell down again."

In Ep2 I was expecting a Jedi prodegy, powerful and charismatic yet almost too passionate, with terrible hints that his power and abilities were outstripping his control.
What I got was a whiney adolecent who's stock phrase seemed to be "it's not fair."

In Ep3 I was expected a tormented warrior, a good man but with a lust for power and a love he could not afford to have, who's flawed but understandable choices would lead him down a tragic and terrible road.
What I got was a whiney twenty something who spent most of the movie playing "I love you more" with his wife and was so stupid that he actually lost a lightsaber fight by jumping into the blade.

EEkk.

sounds good Coolhand. I wish Lucas had consulted with you. Or any other writer for that matter. I didn't completely hate Anakin as a character but the definitely could have done better.