Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)

Oh dear.... It has multiverses in it.
[But I like Deadpool and Wolverine so it might be okay]

This being the Multiverse Saga until the end of Phase Six, you’ll just have to lump it.

And anything that brings in the old X-Men is fine with me.

What are your thoughts on Secret Wars?
What Secret Wars? Is it a streaming thing?
I thought we were in Phase 5?
There is another phase to go?!?!
Roll on Phase 7...
But it is nice to see Hugh flexing his claws again.

Is this a hopeful sign that the MCU/DCU juggernaut is starting to run out of steam?

Is this a hopeful sign that the MCU/DCU juggernaut is startiing to run out of steam?
I reckon it will all end when Kevin Feige eventually quits. Secret Wars will be difficult to follow, and my guess is that’s going to be the end of it all. Secret Wars brings in everyone you thought was gone , just like Endgame did five years ago.

So, rather than commit to a further decade of it all, I reckon KF will step aside, and let an entirely new bunch take up the reins, and the fans won’t care so it’ll all crumble.

Is Deadpool considered part of the MCU?? I took it to be just an outlying satire with no connection to any ongoing plotlines from MCU films, and the new film with Wolverine as just continuing that.

Is Deadpool considered part of the MCU?? I took it to be just an outlying satire with no connection to any ongoing plotlines from MCU films, and the new film with Wolverine as just continuing that.
The first two Deadpool films are their own thing, but with the MCU now going Multiversal it gives them free reign to bring in previously established properties and say they all take place in the Multiverse. From what I understand Deadpool has been kidnapped by the TVA from the Loki series and tasked with saving... stuff.

When Hugh Jackman was originally cast as Wolverine I couldn't really see it. He was much taller and slimmer than the comics made him out to be. But after all these years, he's Wolverine. I'll give it a watch.

Jackman has done a tremendous job, but his character is written so poorly. What a whiner.

Jackman has a lot of screen personality--he owned the X-men films. I never thought Ian McKellan would make a good Magento but he was memorable. The best character besides Logan although Brian Cox was really the MVP as far as villains go.
But the comic version of Wolverine makes me think of Charles McGraw or Bob Hoskins (as he was once considered--he is closer than Jackman).
Jackman is the romantic leading man type of version.

The last X-man movie I saw was Days of Future Past and he still has the best moments.
And Wolverine 2013 wasn't a bad film--it was more serious than the Disney Marvel ones--I think the humor in the Marvel films destroys them because it isn't situational humor--it is self-aware humor.

I have to admit I do not like Reynolds at all--I disliked him in Blade 3, and I just can't stand him.
I feel sorry for Jackman stuck in so many bad movies--he deserves better.