Fantasy or scifi?

frrsoffiati

What does agree you most? An old-fashioned medieval fantasy or a futuristic scifi? I am more into medieval fantasy.

Last edited:
The Well At the End of the World by William Morris

Jurgen a Comedy of Justice by James Branch Cabell

The High Crusade by Paul Anderson

I like both. :)

Last edited:
The Dark World by Henry Kuttner a sci/fansy novel with most usual protagonist
Black Gods Kiss by C L Moore This book contains all of her .wonderful Jirel of Joiry Medieval Swordsman stories .

SF for me. The Honor Harrington series is about as good as it gets.

The Dark World by Henry Kuttner a sci/fansy novel with most usual protagonist
Black Gods Kiss by C L Moore This book contains all of her .wonderful Jirel of Joiry Medieval Swordsman stories .
Jirel of Joiry Typo , it should be Swordswoman . My bad.:(

I usually prefer fantasy, but I've read too many medieval fantasy books and find myself yearning for a more modern or creative setting in fantasy. Now that I've read this more stereotypical kind of fantasy, I'd probably go with futuristic sci-fi.

I find that a lot of SF has elements of fantasy, but not so much the other way around.

I also find that in the Challenges I am far more likely to write something that is fantasy, horror and/or comedy.

If there was one tv series that I would have to watch forever and ever it would be Red Dwarf. If there was one book I had to read forever and ever it would be LOTR.

So my decision is this: if its literature it's fantasy, and if its visual its SF.

SF for me.
Not too much into F except on the lighter side and styles.
But I will say that there are some SF that go a bit far for me as well.