Which films have the most clichés?

Harpo

Getting away with it
B0BD1A56-4D85-4486-83DE-B5545D3BCCA1.jpeg

Those are just examples, of course, there are many more film clichés.

Which films have more than usual, and is there some sort of World Championship for including as many clichés as possible?

Interesting, I can't think of a particular film but I can add to the list:-

The dorky girl in thick glasses and a turtle neck will eventually be revealed to be really hot.

If someone says they've got a headache it's a brain tumour

When you look in the bathroom mirror the bad guy is always right behind you.

Fleeing women run five steps and then fall "it's my ankle".

A woman hiding in bushes always puts her hand over her mouth so the pursuer can't hear her panicked gasps

for the clichés...
The promiscuous [usually] girl gets killed/eaten/devoured is never seen again. The virgin survives.
Passwords can be cracked by typing really fast.
And
Let's split up [ with the exception of "Yes, lets we can do more damage that way" ]
for the films...
I think the James Bond franchise invented most of them!

Yes,
Protagonists reflected on green screen as "Password not recognised" message keeps appearing
Then protagonist two says
"Hey, what was the name of his dog?"
"Fangle? Farthing? FANGIO"
Yes we're in!
Big stream of data goes past even though no search query was entered....

for the clichés...
The promiscuous [usually] girl gets killed/eaten/devoured is never seen again. The virgin survives.
And
Let's split up [ with the exception of "Yes, lets we can do more damage that way" ]
for the films...
I think the James Bond franchise invented most of them!

Mainly the 'Roger Moore' ones.

Another cliché that usually gets wheeled out, especially when there is a bar fight, is that people hitting each other over the heads with beer bottles cause them to break. Beer bottles are quite hard, and it would take an extremely hard skull for one to impact hard enough to shatter. Still, it always seems to happen.

Another cliché that usually gets wheeled out, especially when there is a bar fight, is that people hitting each other over the heads with beer bottles cause them to break. Beer bottles are quite hard, and it would take an extremely hard skull for one to impact hard enough to shatter. Still, it always seems to happen.
Remember a fight breaking out in a pub in the days before camera phones where one lad stood up and theatrically knocked a beer bottle on the table to use as a weapon but nothing happened ...he tried it two more times and gave up -it was pure accidental slapstick

I would nominate The Devil’s Nightmare(1972). It’s called a ‘movie’ but, to me, it’s just a list of all the haunted house (or in this case castle) cliches you can think of.

Also, any movie that has an orphanage/school/group of misfits that can only be saved or redeemed by putting on some kind of musical show or winning a band competition.

Watching Person of interest the other night and the hero took out three villains with one champagne bottle wielded like a club.

In the real world those person so hit by beer bottles would at the very least, find themselves in concussion protocol.:D

The alien landing on earth and being the subject of instant mistrust, paranoia and hostility because they're different.

The alien landing on earth and being the subject of instant mistrust, paranoia and hostility because they're different.
My daughter once put to me that space, rather than being uniform and omnidirectional, was in fact funnel shaped. Which is why all aliens land in America.

My favourite SF cliche is the one that states that no matter what century a time machine is invented it will only be able to take the inventer to southern California in the year that the film was made.