WWIII Novel - 1980s

Dajuid

Way back when I was a young teen, I came across a series of books. Sadly, I recall very little except the beginning and some little details. I have been searching for years with no success. I was pleasantly surprised to find this website... so, dear sci fi lovers, I come to you with a request.

The story starts out with a family traveling along when, as they enter a very long tunnel, a nuclear strike occurs. The tunnel collapses on either end, trapping everyone. Those trapped are able to survive...

That, sadly, is all I remember... except the protagonist was a pilot and was a able to fly a harrier. I have often wondered if this is real or something I dreamt up!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I would have a look at the 'Eagleheart' trilogy by C.T. Westcott

Last edited:
I'm not 100%, but it ticks many of the boxes! Unfortunately there isn't a lot of info so I bought the book and will find out. The cover looks VERY familiar. Thanks Danny!
Ive never run access this one but, storywise what you looking for sounds quite interesting .:cool:

Kelly Country by A Bertram Chandler . This is not the book you're looking for but It's quite good and. one I do recommend A time travel er goes aback to 19th century Australia and changes history by preventing famed outlaw Ned Kelly from dying . :)

Last edited:
I'm not 100%, but it ticks many of the boxes! Unfortunately there isn't a lot of info so I bought the book and will find out. The cover looks VERY familiar. Thanks Danny!
Please come back and let us know if it was the book you were seeking (y)

Pearls 2023-03-11 SIT WITH A GOOD BOOK-1.png