Super Mario Bros Movie trailer

Suddenly I'm nostalgic for Bob Hoskins

Honestly, for a kids movie, it looks alright. Jack Black sounds great. The visuals look like a video game. Chris Pratt is... not in the trailer much... but strange choice. I'm not sure you could sustain a whole movie with the original videogame voice, though.

I find it hard to know exactly what I'd be looking for in a Mario movie but this is probably closer to it than the 90's movie!

This honestly looks like a lot of fun and pretty faithful to the core themes, styles and such that the games have depicted over the decades. If they've played it right theme and story wise this could be a really neat big family hit

The 90s film was a wild insane totally off the wall interpretation that worked because it was so off the wall. It was also a somewhat darker take on the lore and its a shame that it never got a sequel or anything; it was loaded with fun and cool ideas.

It looks like the Wii and Switch games my kids love. If you are expecting Ingmar Bergman you will probably be disappointed. For a bit of fun on a Sunday afternoon this may be perfect.

The 90s film was pretty creative, and I loved it as a kid, but I'd still classify it as a guilty pleasure. I wish they would've kept Hoskins but been more loyal to the source material.

This looks like it could be fun, though I generally don't watch video game-based films. It could be entertaining if they put the odd adult joke in it.