Donald DALEY or DALY, “The Abandoned of Yan”

Anon

Trying to find other works by Donald DALEY or DALY (I’ve seen the name written both ways), writer of “The Abandoned of Yan”, a short story I read in “101 science fiction short stories”. I can find nothing about him. Pseudonym? Does he exist? The download gives no info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't help you with this author, as the name means nothing to me, but I'll move the thread over to Book Discussion where it might find a larger readership (we try to keep Book Search just for the searches).

Can't help you with this author, as the name means nothing to me, but I'll move the thread over to Book Discussion where it might find a larger readership (we try to keep Book Search just for the searches).

Thank you so much. This is the first post I’ve placed. Greatly appreciate your assistance.

Amazing what you can find online. To @Anon: As Bick mentioned, If magazine published this short story in March 1963. I've attached pictures of the magazine's cover, and title page, where the author's name is given as: 'Donald F. Daley'.

Sometimes these old magazines had a page with a bit of biography about the authors included in an issue, so if you could find a download of this magazine, maybe you could learn more about Daley (if your interest is great enough). Not sure there'd be any additional info, but there seems to be very little about this author online. Might have been one of those who always harbored the dream of being an SF author, and who finally achieved that dream this one time. Just a thought and good luck, CC

1658573742048.png
1658573663615.png