What horror movie sticks out to you?

The Fly 1986 body translation/body horror In this film. You can't help but feel for Seth Brundle . :(

Lots of great horror movies mentioned.
I’ve seen plenty of average rated ones that I’ve really enjoyed too but then often don’t remember which is which. :D
I’ve gone through phases of hillbilly, zombie, ghost, possession etc movies.

The Shutter (original Thai version) is great.

My favorite horror film of all time would have to be "Repulsion". I realize Roman Polanski is a dirty word right now, (or two dirty words) but there's no denying he made some cinematic masterpieces in his time. It's one of the most disturbing and unsettling pieces of cinema ever made. Clearly a huge influence on Kubrick when he made "The Shining", but superior in every way (Both films even share the same ending - a long tracking shot into a photograph.)

I've never seen Repulsion, but a good friend raves about it. I should track it down and give it a watch. That and Cronenberg's "The Brood".

I get Repulsion and Possession (1981) confused for some reason.

SSSSSS Is For Snake 1973 has a very basic story line of Boy meets Gir, l looses boy to mad Scientist father who turns boy into a Cobra Snake. The final transformation sequences in the film is very disturbing to watch.

One movies that really scared me was The Ghost and the Darkness.

A related incident was when my SO and I bought a trailer from an RV dealership. The owner had a stuffed lion in his office. Gave me flashbacks to the movie. Was never so happy to get out of there!

Under the Skin is a film that I suppose you could classify as horror that has... erm... got under my skin. It gives me the creeps just thinking about it which it does more often than most horror films in that I occasionally pass locations used in the film. The scene with the child on the beach is probably the reason I am most reluctant ever to watch it again.

Is that a test for whether a horror film works on or not ?A reluctance to rewatch?

Its a very hard film to watch.

Is that a test for whether a horror film works on or not ?A reluctance to rewatch?
I think it should be something that you may think will shock you or scare you, but you still want to watch it. If it makes most people reluctant to watch then that is probably not a successful film. There is some very gory stuff around though..