The Time Traveler's Wife (HBO series)

REBerg

Registered Alien
Supporter
Standard disclaimer: I haven't read the book or seen the film.
That said, I don't recall ever seeing a time travel tale told from the perspective of a non-time traveling member of a relationship. Add that the time-traveling husband has little or no control over where or when he goes, and the confusion that normally accompanies time travel theory is amplified.
Still, the situation apparently has rules, which I am looking forward to learning as the series progresses.

Standard disclaimer: I haven't read the book or seen the film.
That said, I don't recall ever seeing a time travel tale told from the perspective of a non-time traveling member of a relationship. Add that the time-traveling husband has little or no control over where or when he goes, and the confusion that normally accompanies time travel theory is amplified.
Still, the situation apparently has rules, which I am looking forward to learning as the series progresses.
Rules is probably generous….

I love the book. They made a hash of the film. I’m hoping fearfully :D

Also anyone who thinks the story is about grooming haven’t read it - the main characters recognise how problematic the nature of the relationship is but neither has control over it.

I'm liking this.
I was expecting something of a romcom, but this is a little too serious for that. Romcomdram fantasy?

Rules is probably generous….
I see that, now.
This isn't the first time I've encountered the unalterable past theory, but it does dispense with the whole troublesome butterfly effect thing. I'm even becoming accustomed to multiple Henrys co-existing and interacting in the same present.

That sounds more like how I see the time-travel concept. It makes me dislike all other time-travel stories that revolve about altering the past, accidentally or deliberately.
It seems I may like this series!

I loved the book. It was so sad.

I especially like that he needs the medication Risperidone to keep himself from time traveling.
I’m the same way