The Man Who Fell to Earth (Showtime series)

REBerg

Registered Alien
Supporter
I watched the "free" first two episodes put out on other streaming services. They didn't motivate me to add Showtime to my streaming service subscriptions.
Chiwetel Ejiofor is amusing as an extremely thirsty, fish-out-water new alien arrival. Communicating with his predecessor via tornado was too much of a Wizard of Oz stretch for me.

I like this series because it's understandable, and they'll keep clarifying the situation as the further they go. Some concepts are supremely speculative, while others has been bathed in real science.

In a way, I have a same feeling about this as I had with 13 monkeys. And I was really, really surprised by Clarke Peters appearance in the series. Not talking about Bill Nighy. The use of high level cast is noticeable, and the script has been polished. So far I haven't found anything to niggle about it, and it's been my secret pleasure watching story to evolve.

The only negative feelings I get is from the antagonist side. And again populated by big names.

In other words they've put down a lot of resources in the development, and it's an international production as again for some reason the cast comes to London. Maybe it's a sign of our times, as this classic has been produced so many times.

In my opinion it is a good series.

I got to see one episode. Very good and very well acted.