Sci-Fi, Brain Implants, Agents and Future Society

trickyricky

Hello Everyone!

I am hoping someone could help identify a novel I read back around the year 2004.
I was a teen then, so it might of been aimed at that demographic.

There are a few plot points that I can remember.

The book is set in the future where everyone has a brain enhancement, this inhibited people from being violent or risking injury. There is a agent/police force that is exempt. I can remember a scene where an agent is at a function and people are horrified he might cut himself when picking up a broken glass.

A small percentage of people reject this implant at adulthood they have their memory erased and are cast out back in time and are monitored for research purposes?

The story follow one such man that perhaps rediscovers his identity and the two agents/police that are to stop him.

These three characters have enhanced combat capability and strength.

I can remember a scene where an agent trains against an automated dummy in a dojo type area of his house.

I can remember the man with no memories being arrested buy authorities in a timeline and escaping by kicking out the door too his cell.

Thanks everyone!!

Best regards

Richard

It almost sounds like a William Gibson novel. :unsure:

I don’t think itnis a Gibson. The are similarities ( adult mind control) to John Christopher’s Tripods trilogy, but definitely not that either.