Submissions

MartinC

Hey, so I'm looking at putting in a submission to several agents. Is it bad form to submit to multiple agents (obviously not at the same agency) at once or should I spread them out?

Or to put it another way; is it better to get your rejections all at once or slowly over several months?!

Hey, so I'm looking at putting in a submission to several agents. Is it bad form to submit to multiple agents (obviously not at the same agency) at once or should I spread them out?

Or to put it another way; is it better to get your rejections all at once or slowly over several months?!
You can submit to multiple agents but I usually just go for a few at a time in case I get feedback that makes me revise anything.

Submitting to one agent, waiting four or more weeks for a response, submitting to a second agent, waiting four or more weeks for a response, etc., would take forever. Don't overdo it but maybe up to four or five at a time is okay.

Thank both for your replies - it's what I thought would be the case, but this is my first time putting a submission forward, so figured best to check!