Here we go again! Another BSG series coming - What do you want to see?

Sorceress 21

You may or may not have heard yet another BSG reboot is in the works:

Personally, I think there is so much scifi out there in the literary world that would convert very well to big or little screen that making another go of BSG is a little silly.

However, here's what I actually would like to see:

The series should be more in line with the TOS storyline. I don't mind changing the sex of the main characters, but though I loved the RDM series, the "Colonial" culture depicted was too "earthlike" for my tastes right down to the suits and ties of today's world. While there would be some parallels for sure in such a universe, there needs to be more profound visual and verbal distinctions.

I'd like to see the plot be a combination of TOS and Galactica 1980 but without the campiness and flying motorcycles. I think it'd very fun to explore the geopolitical impact of a fleet of ships full of otherworldly humans from another part of the galaxy show up here on Earth in 2022. They'd have to teach us to fight the Cylons and help us come together and advance our technology. It'd make for great storytelling if it was done with heavy adult drama and character based stories. Watching the turmoil unfold as the world deal with the revelation that we didn't actually originate on Earth would be fantastic if done with the same "seriousness" of the RDM series.

I'd like to see more attention to detail on the technology and more effort to either establish things like anti-gravity technology as cannon, or make the fighters and attack craft look like something that respects real-world aerodynamics. Frankly, the production would be better off just formally canonizing antigrav which in the RDM series, was assumed but never mentioned. I'd like to see the Galactica redesigned more profoundly vs just a "smoother version from the TOS. Perhaps even a total blank canvass for the designers. Something more "palatable" when it comes to form following function and the suspension of disbelief. Same goes for the Vipers. Things like retracting "flight bays" were just stupid, etc.

What would you all like to see?

I want those vacuum cleaner Cylon voices!

I want, as you said, a more mature plot.

1. no, repeat, no boy genius!
  2. nothing to make it appealing to kids, and insulting adults' intelligence
  3. No bedroom antics. It seems like everything has them; are they really necessary?
O.k., I admit, I know little if anything about BSG since the movie/TV series of several decades ago. The film did have bedroom antics & female nudity. Is it really needed to attract an audience?

Less depression in the overall tone of the story. I'd really like to watch an episode and just not want to kill myself after watching it.

I want those vacuum cleaner Cylon voices!

I want, as you said, a more mature plot.

1. no, repeat, no boy genius!
  2. nothing to make it appealing to kids, and insulting adults' intelligence
  3. No bedroom antics. It seems like everything has them; are they really necessary?
O.k., I admit, I know little if anything about BSG since the movie/TV series of several decades ago. The film did have bedroom antics & female nudity. Is it really needed to attract an audience?

Yes , I don't think we need to see the second coming of Galactica 1980.

This is one series that doesn't need reimagining or rebooting. We had the original cheesy scifi version, we had the depressing realistic version. There's nowhere else for this show to go.

Well, actually there was and it was called 'Caprica' , but it got canned when it was turning into a really interesting show.

We don't need another BSG. Try Blakes 7, Tripods, Logan's Run or even Buck Rogers - but not another BSG so soon.

This is one series that doesn't need reimagining or rebooting. We had the original cheesy scifi version, we had the depressing realistic version. There's nowhere else for this show to go.

Well, actually there was and it was called 'Caprica' , but it got canned when it was turning into a really interesting show.

We don't need another BSG. Try Blakes 7, Tripods, Logan's Run or even Buck Rogers - but not another BSG so soon.
Given the constant moaning about boomers, I think a reboot of Logan's Run would probably go down well. Though why millenials and gen Z have so much problem with missile subs I don't know.

I think what's happening here is that Peacock needs something to compete with Star Trek. Right now, they seemingly have very little buzz for most of their stuff. IDK if BSG is the franchise they are looking for but we shall see.