Windows 11 launches

Reported in a recent issue of Computer Active.
Windows 11 has start menu and file explorer bugs. This leaves users unable to type anything after opening the start menu. File Explorer suffers from memory leakage and can grab up to 1G of RAM, causing some machines to run extremely slowly.

Microsoft acknowledged the existence of these bugs in September but released Win 11 in October with no fix in place. Surely the right thing to do would be to delay the launch until the problem was sorted.

That's never been the MS way. They seem to rely on their early adopters as beta testers.

They seem to rely on their early adopters as beta testers.
Its a big work force they don't have to pay for their services. Its the concept of using other peoples money. The problems seem more like there is a huge divide opening up between what equipment people have and what they can run windows in. Perhaps microzap has reached a point where they are unintentionally voluntarily turning themselves into a niche product. For my artwork I use use styles that can use older versions of windows on old machines that never go online. The original versions of photoshop need only a few hundred meg of ram, which is all the allowable ram the machine can handle anyway. And you can install as many copies in as many machines as you want. With a set up like that, it is the creativity of the user that makes the artwork, not the creativity of the program. A person is either using the machine as a tool, or the machine is using the person as a tool. Though for medical purposes I would definitely prefer a smart machine that can use as much plastic as it needs to.

Has anyone installed Windows 11, yet? I have the install icon sitting on the corner of my computer, but haven't clicked on it. I will eventually upgrade, but I haven't seen anything about it that actually seems motivating to me. Any early adopter feedback?

I did.

It sucks but it sucks a hair less than W10. The user interface is more and less Apple-centric if that's possible. It is a shade more stable than W10 but that's about it so far. If I didn't need this machine to run Cubase I would burn windows off it forever. install FreeBSD, and look back only to laugh.