Is Self-Publishing on Amazon by Andy Williams a reliable guide?

Aquilonian

Supporter
I obtained the above book as I've found other books of his very clear and useful, but I find the above book not so clear and misses out some important info, such as for instance there's nothing about ISBN numbers or copyright.

Furthermore, the book fails to answer an extremely obvious and basic question, namely, do I have to specify the physical size of the book i.e. height and breadth if there is a POD version, or does Amazon produce it as a typical paperback book by default? (I assume that for Kindle there's no need to specify size of pages as that would be determined automatically by the Kindle Reader).

Have other people found any other serious omissions in this book and is there a better book on this topic?

I've never heard of the book, but I can tell you that Amazon KDP offers a range of options for trim size. If you haven't set up your account yet, I'd do so, and then you can see what the options are. You'll have to set up your Word file (page size) to match.

THanks yes in fact I now find the Andy Williams book does give some of this info, just not set out in a way that's intuitively clear to me at any rate. Takes a few re-readings to understand it.