SF Translation thread

The whole idea of translating works, makes me wonder at literary works that wax florid and how much trouble it might be to translate.

After the funeral the procession arrived and perched at the pub where the usual din and cacophony of voices nearly drown out the celebration of a life now washed out in the wake of too much ale and abundant memories that through the remainder of the night rested a soul beneath the detritus of unbridled good intention, until all that remained, near the break of dawn, was an uncertain ghost and the sobering sorrow of his lads.

After the funeral the procession arrived and perched at the pub where the usual din and cacophony of voices nearly drown out the celebration of a life now washed out in the wake of too much ale and abundant memories that through the remainder of the night rested a soul beneath the detritus of unbridled good intention, until all that remained, near the break of dawn, was an uncertain ghost and the sobering sorrow of his lads.

I think this quote should be used for the definition of "purple prose." It has an interesting thought about an "uncertain ghost and the sobering sorrow of his lads," but needs a few periods and a few less adjectives.

@tinkerdan did you write this? If so I am seriously impressed at being able to pull this out of thin air.

Why Parson, Tink would never write something like that. He's a professional. ;)

Sad to say yes.
@tinkerdan did you write this? If so I am seriously impressed at being able to pull this out of thin air
In less than a half hour time so it was quite punctual even if lacking some punctuation.

Comes of too much drink.
Why Parson, Tink would never write something like that. He's a professional
In this case too much coffee.

Ah, well, that clears thing up a bit.
Yes, She referred to The Wash Bay.
That actually explains the capitalization. Or maybe the capitalization explains that.