Interzone will have a new editor

I get the impression they still don't know themselves. The double issue reached me in July, and I noted the rather cagey editorial note. My subscription ends "next issue", which might mean a regular issue, the middle of another double issue, or nothing at all. Not sure what to do....

I get the impression they still don't know themselves. The double issue reached me in July, and I noted the rather cagey editorial note. My subscription ends "next issue", which might mean a regular issue, the middle of another double issue, or nothing at all. Not sure what to do....
As a subscriber, you're totally entitled to reach out for them and ask:rolleyes:

Six months later and they're still open for submissions, rejecting my pieces like mad (maybe they're just letting their dogs eat the manuscripts or something :LOL: ).

And they've launched a double issue just two months ago (great cover art btw). Maybe they changed their minds about closing the magazine.
I think the plan still is to produce a few issues before closing it down... unless they find someone to take it on as a print issue.

Eight months later, and not only are they still open to submissions (and rejecting my stories like mad to boot) but they announced a 192-page full color double issue, and they also announced a brand new magazine: Interzone Digital. They're open to Science Fiction and Fantasy stories up to 7,000 words and offer (EUR) 1.5¢/word. Too bad they don't accept stories previously rejected by the print edition :whistle:

I'm wondering why would someone prefer submiting to the digital one though. The interior and cover art of the print edition are so mind-blowing I'd be okay to be published even if they didn't pay.

Maybe is the print edition finally closing down? :unsure: That was a long process.

product-IZ292_293_590x.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ian Fortytwo Book Discussion 1
R Interzone 1
Anthony G Williams Interzone 0
Anthony G Williams Interzone 0
Anthony G Williams Interzone 3