Interzone will have a new editor

Apparently stopping print publication, and no issue until quarterly format starts online only in August - very sad I think.

Apparently stopping print publication, and no issue until quarterly format starts online only in August - very sad I think.
Incredibly sad news that their going to digital only and quaterly. Having a notice in your email inbox isn't quite the same as that thrill of finding the latest issue in your post box.

Incredibly sad news that their going to digital only and quaterly. Having a notice in your email inbox isn't quite the same as that thrill of finding the latest issue in your post box.
Sad that I wasn't able to publish while they were still in print... I already submitted to the new editor.

You do wonder how long Analog, Asimov's and F&SF manage to keep on - their print subscriptions are around 10% of what they were in their heyday...

If these three were to cease, my interest in magazine SF will turn into something closer to a museum curator, rather than a current hobby enthusiast.

You do wonder how long Analog, Asimov's and F&SF manage to keep on - their print subscriptions are around 10% of what they were in their heyday...

If these three were to cease, my interest in magazine SF will turn into something closer to a museum curator, rather than a current hobby enthusiast.
They're down to what, seven or eight issues a year? A big drop from thirteen a year in the 80s.

They're down to what, seven or eight issues a year? A big drop from thirteen a year in the 80s.
They are yes - but they are all pretty large double-issues really. I'm sure they could publish smaller issues each month, but there is doubtless an economy in printing once less often. Good luck to them.

They are yes - but they are all pretty large double-issues really. I'm sure they could publish smaller issues each month, but there is doubtless an economy in printing once less often. Good luck to them.
That would make sense. Printing more, less often would be less expensive I'm sure.

I for one would much prefer print because of eyesight issues (i.e. have long had to have prescription glasses for viewing screens etc). From another thread on this forum, this leaves only two British published magazines that can be bought in print - Kzine and Shoreline of Infinity - and both these also publish digital versions. Of course I will be producing Etaerio SF pamphlet as both digital and print. (I prefer to call it a pamphlet in part to distinguish the aims of the publication from there traditional science fiction magazine models.)

I subbed a piece two days ago and just received the rejection letter. I wonder if they're wrapping up to launch some final issues...

Six months later and they're still open for submissions, rejecting my pieces like mad (maybe they're just letting their dogs eat the manuscripts or something :LOL: ).

And they've launched a double issue just two months ago (great cover art btw). Maybe they changed their minds about closing the magazine.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ian Fortytwo Book Discussion 1
R Interzone 1
Anthony G Williams Interzone 0
Anthony G Williams Interzone 0
Anthony G Williams Interzone 3