Penguin Random House Buying S&S

autoretscriptor

It depends... some buy-outs don't change the imprints, but are beneficial for a variety of reasons e.g. amalgamating printing operations, or covering more subject matter or geographical area. Others are yuck to say the least.

It depends... some buy-outs don't change the imprints, but are beneficial for a variety of reasons e.g. amalgamating printing operations, or covering more subject matter or geographical area. Others are yuck to say the least.
In this case, both publishers are already massive and printing operations etc in place. It's more a symptom of how difficult publishing houses find it to make a profit these days. I have my own thoughts about the price they sell books for in eg supermarkets and the discounting in place, but that's for another day. :)

In the end I think the headline will be Amazon wins again.

Ooh... does it make them stronger? Or will they sort the wheat from the chaff and cut jobs? Not a terrifically good idea, I fear.
I thought the staff were to busy breaking down in tears, because Penguin is trying to make a profit publishing Jordan Peterson’s new book, to actually do anything.

My agent said its likely the imprints will stay separate and won't affect our subs, in children's anyway. I think I have one or two subs with Random House right now. We're getting ready to sub a children's sci fi series so I guess we'll see.

My agent said its likely the imprints will stay separate and won't affect our subs, in children's anyway. I think I have one or two subs with Random House right now. We're getting ready to sub a children's sci fi series so I guess we'll see.

Best of luck with this! Let us know how it all goes.