Twilight Zone 2019

Guttersnipe

mortal ally
I didn't post this in the proper section because it's a ghost town there. Has anyone watched any of the 2019-2020 episodes? I was more attached to this series because it's hosted by comedy and horror genius Jordan Peele and it seems (to me, at least) a little better than the 2002 series. Despite a couple of episodes being rather good ("Replay" sticks out), I'm pretty disappointed. I realize that times have changed, but it shares little in common with the original, mostly in terms of quality of the ideas as well as storytelling. It's managed to last twenty episodes (two series) due to marginally positive reactions. Not only that, but the second series contains an episode called "A Small Town" that pretty much ripped off a story by Philip K. Dick called "Small Town." What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Yeah, much the same. Really, without Rod Serling, I think they shouldn't have anyone doing the intro. Go with a voice over. And get some writers who can, you know, write. Story, story, story, folks. It's what made the original, so, ah original.