(Found) Searching Sci-fi Title only, Squonk, Quink, Splonk?

Astro Pen

Write now.
Supporter
Going nuts trying to remember a Sci-fi title. Probably 1970s One word sounding like Squonk, Quink or Splonk but none of those.
I was sure it was Squonk but that is a different thing so not it. One of those "tip of the tongue" things :unsure:

OK.... Spock??

Do you have any details on the plot so we have something to look for?

OK.... Spock??

Do you have any details on the plot so we have something to look for?
No I'm just looking for a title that I vaguely recall , I never read it.
So this isn't the usual request, but still the most appropriate forum.

Using advanced search at isfdb.org I have come up with these possibilities
I searched for English NOVEL types with titles ending in 'onk' or 'ink' with silly names (none of the 'ink' results were silly enough ;) )

Kronk (1971)

Thwonk (1995)

Found!
Well done sir! It was indeed Edmund Cooper's "Kronk"

Using advanced search at isfdb.org I have come up with these possibilities
I searched for English NOVEL types with titles ending in 'onk' or 'ink' with silly names (none of the 'ink' results were silly enough ;) )

Kronk (1971)

I once found a magazine called Spank under a sofa in my university digs. I think it belonged to my flatmate, although he said he had never seen it before. I dont think it was sf.
Famous for it's complex plot lines involving sloppy homework no doubt.

I once found a magazine called Spank under a sofa in my university digs. I think it belonged to my flatmate, although he said he had never seen it before. I dont think it was sf.
Those "magazine elfs" leave strange magazines in the strangest places!!

I read a lot of Edmund Cooper’s work in the eighties. I don’t think I’ve read Kronk, though.

I read a lot of Edmund Cooper’s work in the eighties. I don’t think I’ve read Kronk, though.
I just bought a good copy of Kronk. Quite expensive at £9 so we will see. I Enjoyed Transit by Cooper so I'm optimistic.

The Cloudwalker and A Far Sunset we’re my favourite of his.

I've read most of his work but this one passed me by somehow.

Back