Heartwarming Films

AlexH

While posting in Guttersnipe's Saddest Films You've Ever Seen, I realised some films I listed were also heartwarming for large parts (I've left an asterisk by those below in both lists). Some of these films have made me cry for positive reasons.

Departures
One Cut of the Dead
Wolf Children
The Lunchbox
Song for Marion
Warrior
Million Dollar Baby*
Leave No Trace*
I, Daniel Blake*
Into the Wild*
Once
Before Sunset
Lion
The Station Agent
Garden State
Pay It Forward
The Straight Story
Life Is Beautiful
The Iron Giant
The Help
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Princess Mononoke*
Green Book
Monsters, Inc.
Coco
Ice Age
Up

I'm glad my heartwarming list is longer than my saddest list. It seems Japanese film makers are especially good at heartwarming.

I'll get around to checking out some films the Chronicle's folk consider heartwarming. It feels like an especially good time for them right now. :)

I'd like to add...
Hairspray [The Musical]
I don't know about heartwarming but it cheers me up.
So does listening to the musical Matilda... Maybe its just musicals that cheer me up, I was watching Kiss Me Kate today.

I strongly dislike musicals @CupofJoe! Maybe I'll check out Kiss Me Kate. I did like a heartwarming Bollywood musical called 3 Idiots. The music seemed part of it rather than feeling out of place. And of course, I mentioned Once already.

My Neighbour Totoro is one of the few Ghibli films I didn't like so much @tegeus-Cromis, but I keep meaning to check it out again.

To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar.
I searched IMDB for To Wong Foo first. And soon released that's just the start of the film title. :D

Pete’s Dragon.
Jojo Rabbit was pretty heartwarming, I thought.

Real Steel is so underrated in my opinion.

Went to the theater with some friends thinking, "this will probably be kinda dumb but who cares. It's fighting robots and Hugh Jackman!"

We all walked out going, "is it just me or was that movie really good?"

I haven't seen any of the films mentioned in the last few posts and only JoJo Rabbit was already on my list. (y)

I'll add Bumblebee, the most recent Transformers film to my list. @IAmTR's post made me think of it.

The Castle. Australian comedy. Hilariously funny and heartwarming without getting nauseating.

The Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Little Miss Sunshine

Spaceballs. I've never laughed so much whilst watching a film. "No sir, I did not see you playing with your dolls again".

Also the 80s Flash Gordon - real feel-good factor through the whole of the movie. Same goes for both Bill &Teds (and yes FAR superior to the other duo).

It's a Wonderful Life
Paddington 1 & 2
Groundhog Day
Big
Up
Bridge to Terabithia
Our Idiot Brother
To Sir, With Love
Saved!
Little Miss Sunshine
Overboard
Dead Poets Society