Springer e-Books Free Download for Limited Time

I have also now downloaded a load of books though I'm concerned that chances are I don't understand half of what I've downloaded let alone what's inside what I've downloaded ;)

Personally I've always felt that top end academic work held behind big pay-barriers is counter-intuitive in education. I get that many are niche markets and want to make some income for the work involved; but I've always felt that there's potential in there to make things more affordable without having to rely on university libraries.

This is good. I'm annoyed that some of the ones I actually want don't want to load though :)

This is good. I'm annoyed that some of the ones I actually want don't want to load though :)

Don't open to many at once, the system gets overloaded. Just open one or two and then download them once they've fully loaded in your browser (hovering over the top bar for the page should show a download option once the page has fully loaded).

If you load a halfdozen or more up at once most of them will fail to load because you're putting too many requests in all at once

If you load a halfdozen or more up at once most of them will fail to load because you're putting too many requests in all at once

Oddly enough that didn't prove to be a problem (I was able to mass load like 50 in a row with only one fail) and the one that failed first for me was the one I first click (when I was still reading the titles). After I had a few like that I decided it would be less stressful to spam open and then save the ones I wanted (rather than being disappointed when one I wanted failed).

Back