Parson discovers and reads P. G. Wodehouse

My mom's reading some P.G. Wodehouse right now and thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't yet, but plan to at some point when I have time again for reading. Absolutely loved the Blandings TV show though :ROFLMAO: .

My mom's reading some P.G. Wodehouse right now and thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't yet, but plan to at some point when I have time again for reading. Absolutely loved the Blandings TV show though :ROFLMAO: .
There is a bunch of Wodehouse in Librivox. They will all be public domain of course so presumably not his best. But audiobooks are nice for doing 2 things at once as long as one is relatively mindless.

Librivox audiobooks are variable in reading quality though, some readers are good and some are worse than a computer.

There is a bunch of Wodehouse in Librivox. They will all be public domain of course so presumably not his best. But audiobooks are nice for doing 2 things at once as long as one is relatively mindless.

Librivox audiobooks are variable in reading quality though, some readers are good and some are worse than a computer.
Or maybe, I dunno, buy one of his better books and read that. ;)

Sometimes things are funny because they are familiar or in character or typical. Or sometimes it is the twist that is put on the familiar. Or the exaggeration, like comparing a disagreeable old aunt to a Biblical plague.

But explaining humor is kind of beside the point, as we all know. If something isn't funny to someone, telling them why it is funny to us doesn't usually help. Quite the contrary, most of the time.
As the late great Barry Cryer said: "Analysing comedy is like dissecting a frog. Nobody laughs and the frog dies."

Back