René Auberjonois (Odo)

And, of course, the original Father Mulcahy in M.A.S.H. (The film).

RIP

Very sad news about Rene Auberjonis. I remember at the beginning of DS9 I wasn't thrilled with Odo but by the end he was one of my favourites. He always brought an unexpected depth to any character he played. RIP.

RIP

He was brilliant as Benson. Odo was a great character too.

RIP Rene.

RIP René

As Odo you were my favourite character by far on DS9.

Very sad. I was first introduced to him as Chef Louie from The Little Mermaid, also a memorable character.

I also heard recently that Aron Eisenberg, who played Nog on DS9, passed away in September. He had genetic kidney problems and died of heart failure at age 50.

This has been a sad time for Star Trek.

The best "Spock clone" IMO. The character took off right from the beginning and had an interesting back story (although I think they ruined it by having his species be the Founders of the Dominion as well as some soap opera hijinks they put his character through).
Odo and Quark were the most interesting characters of the original cast--I still chuckle about the early episode (which I have not seen in 30 years) where a virus causes almost everyone to speak in gibberish and Odo encounters Quark in the infirmary struggling to talk to someone and says with satisfaction: "I see you couldn't escape its effects either" and Quark responds: "You underestimate the Ferengi brain constable-I am just making sure none of my customers are faking to get out of paying their bill. You! Money! Owe!! Mee!!!"

Back