(Found) telepathy after nuclear radiation?

Betty Swallox

scifi novel late 60's about ESP family, arose after nuclear war radiation, hunted as 'abominations'. Last scene of child mentally greeting the wide world of other telepaths.
A kind of mix of More Than Human -Sturgeon, and Time is the simplest Thing -Simak, for the semi religious intolerance and persecution of difference. Any clues folks?

I think it very likely that this is "The Chrysalids" by John Wyndham.

Wonderful book. Images of this have stayed with me for years.

brilliant, I guess you either know it or you dont, well thanks once again, another book to find on web.
Bet you dont know book about scientists who launched idea of nationwide system of masts to broadcast radio waves for mass communication.
Except their secret agenda was to beam another signal to provoke telepathy in the general population.
On switch on day everyone freaked out, they could not tolerate knowing what others truly thought of each other, so we have the similar grey fog as today upon the ether, and mobiles as tech to do what we could naturally, if we did the mental clean discipline first...
Yes, because I havent written it yet, did I imagine it, or have forgotten reading it 50 years ago? Hmm

brilliant, I guess you either know it or you dont, well thanks once again, another book to find on web.

Great! One of my old favourites.

Bet you dont know book about scientists who launched idea of nationwide system of masts to broadcast radio waves for mass communication.
Except their secret agenda was to beam another signal to provoke telepathy in the general population.
On switch on day everyone freaked out, they could not tolerate knowing what others truly thought of each other, so we have the similar grey fog as today upon the ether, and mobiles as tech to do what we could naturally, if we did the mental clean discipline first...
Yes, because I havent written it yet, did I imagine it, or have forgotten reading it 50 years ago? Hmm

No idea at all. Sounds like you should write it.

Reminds me slightly of Simak's "City" collection of linked stories, specifically "Paradise" in which the mutants manage to transmit knowledge through a kaleidoscope embedded in advertising broadcasts etc, which leads the ordinary humans to head for a better life on Jupiter. But much too different.

I guess ideas swirl around and anyone can access, and come up with their own version sparked by all they have read and heard. Copyright in telepathy sounds impossible, but then again who would bother printing?
Subject of ESP comes up so often in scifi, but it is so intimate a phenomenon, so potentially invasive, it has rarely been covered that well.
I relived More Than Human as I re read it last week, brilliant. Could it be a film? Or would just ruin the pictures in our head

Damn! I'd have got this one.

As a child I remember devouring as much Wyndham as I could after reading The Day if the Triffids.

yes just bought anew The Chryalids and Midwich Cuckoos. Much enjoyed film Arrival, seen before I bought the book, yet to be read. Nowadays some directors manage to create a movie in our head- if they don't overdo the graphics.