August 2019: Reading Thread

So listening to the Last centurion by John ringo... Normally a writer i like. All i can say about this book is that People should read tom kratman instead

Curious to hear what you think. It's on my shorter TBR for later this year. (Which really means nothing I suppose. I make piles of books to read then when the time comes to choose one, I pick one from a different pile. But a good response from others sometimes tips the balance.)

Randy M.

I'm going to be posting up a full review but the short notes are that it's fun and it's interesting to read a piece of fantasy history, but it's lacking that little something that takes good to great and it feels a little cliche now (which is very harsh, all things considered).

SPOILERS: NIGHT ANGEL TRILOGY

Late last night I finished the third and final part of Brent Weeks' Night Angel Trilogy: Beyond The Shadows.
Have to say I was disappointed with the ending. What started out as a Grimdark bleak and riveting series finished with not exactly a happy ending but certainly very close to it. The main characters were all singing together at the end to raise the magic to defeat the evil. Singing? I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Next up is something more Grimdark, could be Anna Smith Spark, Ulf Lehmann, Anna Stephens, Nicholas Eames or Ed McDonald....

4D9971FE-9BE8-4C77-BF75-EE907A93324F.jpeg

Ulff Lehmann wins

Just finished "When The English Fall" by David Williams. A beautiful book, well written. Highly recommended.

Now on to Bloodlines by F. Paul Wilson. (Book 11 in the Repairman Jack series.)

Back