Science Fiction series published in 1970's or so about a group of kids that turn out to be aliens with esper powers

Archmagination2002

I read this series a long time ago, the books were at my elementary school and it was one of those old blue binders like those Grosset & Dunlap books. I can't remember the author or the titles but I can remember at least the start of the series:

The main character, a male teenager was riding a bus when a bridge collapses and it starts to sink in the river, everybody thinks he dies but in actually he somehow gets teleported out. He finds out he is an alien or maybe its an alien/human hybrid(can't remember exactly)and has esper powers. He also meets other kids that were thought dead but were actually like he was and they go on adventures.
One of the later books has them entering a special school where a mad teacher/scientist is trying to test for psychic/esper powers and besides those old blue cover on the books, one of the reasons why I think it was written in the 1970s, '60s or even the '50s is because of the description of the medical devices. The description sounded more like torture devices and not medical instruments as we know them.

I have tried a few times to find this series but obviously, I have failed since its an old series that I can't seem to find by googling the plot, hopefully, someone here can help me.

This sounds vaguely familiar. Weren't the children eventually taken to a small town where "The People" lived? All of them aliens who were refugees or some such?

I'm probably swayed here by the power of suggestion, but this has me looking through the many available links on Zenna Henderson's short stories. The asker should check them out.
The ones I have read were so long ago that they are merging in the memory-fog haze with the ones I haven't read.
The latter would include, *if* it is even a Henderson story, the youth 'trapped' in the bus.
So now the answer to this story is bugging me, and it "sounds* like something she would write, with the esper powers.

I think we're moving away from the original question, the OP stated 'teleport'

IIRC the Zenna Henderson People could fly but not teleport.

They could move away from gravity and do the same with heavy loads at the quarry and also make cars fly

Yes, I was thinking of the Zenna Henderson's stories. Thank you!
Now back to the Originally Posted question...

Back