June 2019: 75-Word Story Challenge—VICTORY TO VICTORIA SILVERWOLF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Perfectest Herald Of Joy

I awoke. The city still hummed.

"Milk low," warned the Megacorp fridge. "Shall I order more?"

God, I needed a fix.

Stepping outside, Megacorp drones swarmed around. "Buy this cooker," one screamed. "Yours needs replacing."

"Follow me," implored another. "It's unbelievable what happens next."

Plagued by the drones' incessant buzzing, I shuffled into my dealer's den.

"Usual? $200, 15 minutes?"

I nodded.

He pointed. "In there."

The chamber's door hissed shut.

Silence.

Absolute, blissful silence.

The Opera Is Not Over Until The X23B Excavator Sings.

‘Another one?’
‘Confirmed.’
‘The “No Organics” holosigns are active?’
‘Confirmed.’
‘How did she evade Security?’
‘She wore the shell of a scrapped XWX738 bot. She appeared legitimate to surface scans. She passed as Machine until her organics fluidized and seeped from the joints of the shell.’
‘We tell organics Machine Opera is a sonic cannonade that vibrates metal at frequencies their frail systems cannot tolerate.’
‘But still, they come.’
‘What is wrong with humans?’

Wrong Side Of The Tracks

Static splayed, undeterred by my trespass, hopping channels using my old net head gear and transfered past me.

SERENITY Corp's omnipresent logo flashed in rhythm with my pounding headache. I peeled my eyes apart.
This scabrous bycurrent wasn't Nuevos Angeles. SERENITY's spiders hadn't tracked me. Lucky that. Last shifting pyroed my firewall filters. Transfering datasplke evidence of SERENITY kidnapping cybers, snow shredded into sleep.

SERENITY biocircuited the malfunctioning unit into storage torpor.

Last edited:
Silence is Golden

“Googs, Rob, where’d you make cred for this house?”

“Do you remember Pepsi?”

I tried to access it, remembered nothing worked here. “No…?”

He handed me a chip. “Jack this.”

Soft voice: “This interlude brought to you by Coke Zero: zero calories, zero noise.”

(

........................................................................................................... )

Crashing discord, horns, metal scream: "PEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

“My ad,” Rob said. “Coke’s competitor, Pepsi, became hated overnight, went bankrupt. That’s how I got the cred to afford a net-free zone. Permanently.”

Status
Not open for further replies.