Independent schools regulation, for book me write

Much has already been mentioned, but I should note that whilst you can go "off grid" as such, many schools don't because of convention. Students basically need conventional grades from known examination bodies which would set the curriculum to be taught. That way they gain a grade that has a known value. A C in GCSE Maths is a C and most know what that means.

Like a lot of government legislation, education has broad aims and goals set by government, which are then interpreted into a best-practice approach promoted by specific bodies of interest - in this case examination boards like Edexcel. These bodies set the specifics into practice. You can go outside of that practice, but in general you have to have a very "good and justifiable reason" for doing so.

So for specific regulation look at the examination bodies as they are the ones that award the known grades and would be setting standards and content to be taught.

Found this below - which is what I thought was the case.

Academies are publicly funded schools which operate outside of local authority control. The government describes them as independent state-funded schools. ... Academies do not have to follow the national curriculum. They can choose their own curriculum, as long as it is "broad and balanced".22 Jul 2010
Q&A: Academies and free schools - BBC News

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10161371

Hence the opportunities to brainwash and train your own army etc.

Back