Stitchers

nixie

pixie druid
Staff member
Supporter
Discovered this today, interesting plot entering dead people memories but I can't make up my mind if I like it.

Kirsten is excellent but non of the other characters are appealing to me.

For me this teetered back and forth between cool concept and being to silly. I did finish the first season. I tried to watch the second season but just couldn't. I can tolerate silly less each year. If you can watch The Librarians the silly in this won't bother you.

It is a really cool concept.

Pilot was interesting, through, after the second it began to fall into a formula. Not something I would make a habit of catching up on. It was, though, nice to see some of my favourite actors from, Eureka and Warehouse 13.

I just finished watching the first season. It's OK, but it seems to borrow a lot from other series.
It takes the basic premise from iZombie, substituting electrical connections for snacking on the brains of the recently murdered to find clues in their memories. Most of the memories Kirsten experiences are inexplicably third-person views, whereas iZombie victim memories were, more logically, first-person.
Stitchers actors familiar to me from other series, are Allison Scagliotti (Warehouse 13), Salli Richardson-Whitfield (Eureka) and Oded Fehrl (Star Trek: Discovery). Stitchers is definitely formulaic, as @Susan Boulton noted. The only significant ongoing storyline is determining what nefarious purpose beyond solving crimes the stitcher technology may serve.
While the whole seems less than the sum of the parts, Stitchers is watchable if expectations are not set too high.

Back