GRRM Fan Fiction - The North Remembers

Pedro Del Mar

I am content
I'm currently reading some fan fiction written by a fan of GRRM which tells the end of A Song of Ice and Fire. It's called The North Remembers and picks up the story after George's Theon chapter which he's posted on his website from The Winds of Winter.

I must be honest I've never read any fan fiction before and this particular piece of work is very well written. I have to say I'm impressed and glad it was recommended to me by another fan of the books.

What I'm finding is that because I've already seen the TV series it's slightly confusing me when reading the book because characters who are still alive in the book are dead in the series so I'm having to try and remember the arcs in the book not the series.

What it's made me realise is that once the series has finished if and when George releases any more books then the TV series will no doubt detract from the enjoyment of the books for anyone who's seen the series.

Have only read the prologue but the writing is very, good. Really top notch. The author has captured the mood of Martin.

I’m enjoying Robb’s Return by DarkScribbler.

When it comes to Fan Fics, I really enjoy the ‘What If’ scenarios. VVSINGOF THE CROSS is good at that, writing not the best but hugely prolific having written the equivalent of about 10 novels.

Can’t stand all of the ‘SanSan’ ‘shipping’ though (fingers down throat)

I am curious to know whether this story, beginning after Theon's last chapter in TWOW, is a written version of HBO's story or if the fan tells his own desire of the direction in which he thinks GRRM should go.

Hmmm... that's interesting. I won't read it. I probably won't watch the show anymore. I really want Martin's story. If he never finishes, well then, I guess my own posted theories will not be wrong... and the ending I think will happen, will uh, be the correct ending... i.e. my own fan fiction.