The Gifted (Marvel)

Kylara

Ghosting
So far so good. Ep 3 a little weaker than 1 and 2 and I'm annoyed by continuity problem with Polaris's hair.

Graphics are good, story interesting, acting decent.

Blink particularly well done.

Sounds interesting. Is this the one that got cancelled?

I would have had no interest in yet another comic book show but they had the wisdom to cast Amy Acker, so I gave it a try just for her. Yet, to my surprise, it's pretty darned good. A little transparent on the symbolic level but I like how almost everyone's a little compromised and there are all kinds of conflicts beyond just mutants vs. cops. Makes for a more complicated and interesting show than might be expected. I was thinking tonight was episode 3 but I must have blended something together because it was #4 and I have seen them all. Enjoyed them all, too.

As far as it being cancelled, Mouse, nope, I think it's doing pretty well in the ratings but I did just find out it's a "limited run" series when I thought it was a normal one. Only supposed to have 10 eps. But I suspect there will be more if the ratings hold up. And I hope they do. This is actually the only hour-long show I'm watching this season and one of only three at all, at least until iZombie and Elementary come back.

I thought the same and was pleasantly surprised at how good it is.

Like you said lots of layers that jazz it up a bit, and it's introducing a new power every ep so as not to overwhelm the viewer.

The UK are one week behind I think. FOX is showing on a Sunday evening. And we had ep 3.

It's also good to see that they aren't doing the massive explain/info dump about the world/peoples' powers etc but just acting like normal and assuming the viewer will keep up and make assumptions.

Some of the script in ep 3 was a little on the poor side but most of it was good.

As far as it being cancelled, Mouse, nope, I think it's doing pretty well in the ratings but I did just find out it's a "limited run" series when I thought it was a normal one.

Excellent, thanks. I'll check this one out. (I was thinking of Sense8).

It's like having the X-Men again, but his time in a series. Only this time we have parents who prefer to save their mutant children and run with the others. Nothing original.

Ok, seen the first ep now, really enjoyed it. In particular - Whisky from Dollhouse. Animated X-Men ringtone. Stan Lee. Dog.

Thank God someone else remembers the animated xmen series. I got all excited and then no one else knew what I was talking about! Thought I had imagined it existing. Or had got the theme tune wrong.

Of course! I've got the entire original animated series on DVD. :D

Very jealous now! I have a craving for it after hearing that snippet of theme tune. I loved watching it but it's all vague fuzzy memories with the odd bright spark of a particular moment!

There might be episodes on YouTube. I have to watch it for my Gambit fix.

I watched the episode last night. So grandfather and his parents were gifted, too. That explains a lot.

Sorry pH, but that *so* fits so well in there ! :D