The Punisher:

I'm looking forward to this. Jon Bernthal is a good actor in my opinion, and he looks (and sounds) the part 100%.

My favourite NY Marvel character.

I'm looking forward to this. Jon Bernthal is a good actor in my opinion, and he looks (and sounds) the part 100%.

My favourite NY Marvel character.

My favorite is Luke Cage right now, but who knows if that will change in a year.

This is a new series?

Does that mean we'll finally see Punisher stories other than his beginning?

This is a new series?

I don't know the long term plans for punisher. I'm guessing three seasons at least just like most other Netflix series. He is probably phase 2 of marvel TV. Not sure how fluid the team of the heroes for hire actually are. Do heroes move in and out of it constantly??

This is a new series?

I hope so. He has only appeared in the Daredevil series so far, this is all him.

In the past I liked the Daredevil comics and the Netflix adaptation is the best I have seen so far, but The Punisher was a step above everything they have made in terms of believable characters.

Hm, they messed up the date on purpose. Is that a new thing?

At least it said this year.

sqkcewdaga5htoq4nhif.jpg

Maybe the best poster so far.

It is good. In fact I'm going to claim it's equivalent to DareDevil's first season from just seeing first two episodes. For a long time The Punisher wasn't anything like you can now see on the small screen as Frank Castle was touring the silver screen through Hollywood studios need to get the action money. But in the comics The Punisher was far different, and much closer to the portrayal in the Netflix's Marvel production as he's broken man. The war never left the Punisher once he returned home.

Thing that the Hollywood could never get right was the brokenness bit, because through that thing which hurt him gives him the strength and determination to see through the situations, which would have left most dead. You can see it being the trigger, which once pressed drives Frank to absolute nuts. Any weapon at that point gets used as the Frank finds a way to lay down his punishment. Similar way to the Judge Dredd.

In fact, there are so many similarities in Joe and Frank, but it's all in their behaviour. One which drives and has driven governments nuts as through his actions, Frank finds ways to justify actions. Back in the nineties what Frank did on the silver screen and later on through video stores made Authorities to rear as they watched in horror The Punisher showing a role model to men they were sending on front lines.

Until recently they didn't even understood the whole Post Trauma Stress situation. The broken men were kicked out from the service without ever putting them back together. To the Authorities there just wasn't ways to give them back on what they lost. Nor is there any way to erase the horrors of wars.

In Frank's life the events repeat themselves. They are cycle that drives him deeper and deeper into the world, where he is punishing the wicked and saving the innocent one bullet at time. What he does is horrifying, and truly gruesome, but in the same time it is also study in the mind of a killer. Frank isn't a psycho, and he can stop - if you're innocent. But if you've done something, maybe God be merciful because the Punisher isn't.

I warmly recommend you this series. It is a good one.

They've done really marvellous job with Micro and whole shebang that I suspect goes all the way back to the Hammer Industries and all that stuff Marvel's US government is doing at that background. In the Marvel's world there are a lot of that sort of stuff going on, and it doesn't stop on traditional crimes as the Punisher show the reality of war and the business that goes "over there."

After seeing the first 5 episodes I am definitely in. The series is very well done, they put a lot of thought into it. It's a good cast with good writing, I'll probably have the whole season watched by the end of the holidays. :)

Have now watched the first three episodes.

I was never a big fan of The Punisher, comics usually providing me with escapism. The Punisher was, however, a much more realistic vigilante than the plethora of caped & uncaped Superheroes.

That said, it is so very refreshing to finally see The Punisher portrayed as he was offered in the comics!

Yes, I'm hooked, and I'll keep watching! The series is as dark as The Punisher, and I am so happy to get a chance to see more than just his beginning, over and over and over...

That said, it is so very refreshing to finally see The Punisher portrayed as he was offered in the comics!

Well the darkness doesn't come out as often as it does in the series. I'm on episode 8, and I've stopped because I've a limit on killings. In this series deaths are often quick and brutal. Sometimes these are done by Frank as he reaches the side, where the beast lives. The most surprising thing is to see that Frank has a heart inside that mighty chest (Jon's not really doing a justice to the Punisher figure).

punisher.jpg

Then there is the problem of finding the super villain as Frank is battling as an anti-hero in the world, where Gods and Mutants has taken over the armies. In the scale of damage, the Punisher's bodycount is relatively low even though it is the highest of any Marvel televised series. Things that happened with the Avengers are on another scale as those events couldn't have been handled by the mid-fielders like the Punisher or DD.

Or then maybe I'm fooled to think that the events in the Defenders or Luke Cage doesn't matter, because the Hand was super efficient on cleaning their crime. The Punisher doesn't care. He wants bodies to be found and that's one of the reasons, why the Punisher is often send in the prison.

In the comics Frank saw life behind the bars and he met many, many villains, which most notable is the Kingpin. As I haven't seen the end, I suspect Frank will end in the Riker's with the Kingpin and we will see him later on making an entrance at the DD.

Micro is reasonably well developed in this series. The only thing that is missing are his numerous weaponry gadgets that help the Punisher from time to time. What you see in the screen are all real. Also the hacks compare very well to real world incidents and on how the actual black hats would do their acts.

Frank is also developed a fair bit from what I remember from the comics. I mostly remember him from his run-ins with Daredevil though, so maybe I am missing something. I really like him in this series, as well as the other characters.

He is a very likable guy, and even though he rides the gray area hard, he is seen as doing the right things, so no doubt about his ethics here. No so for some of the other characters, which come across as phychopaths in various colours. Some interesting questions come up, which seem to attempt to take the pulse on America these days. That's what it looks like from over here at least.

Great stuff!

Frank always went after the nastier thugs, who preyed on innocents.

I recall how he nearly drowned Spidey in one episode, having believed a J. Jonah Jameson editorial about him... He was never a "nice guy" in the comics!

We were very impressed by the first season of The Punisher‘s solo run on Netflix when it hit last month (check out our review here), so we’re pleased to hear that Frank Castle and company will be back for another season.
The Punisher Season 2 confirmed by Netflix

"I genuinely don’t know how the Netflix system works with making those calls, and I assume once they do [make a call] they’ll tell Marvel and Marvel will tell me and we’ll jump back to it," Steve Lightfoot told Entertainment Weekly. "But I’m very excited to do so. I think we left both Frank and Billy in places where there are so many ways to jump off from if that second season comes. We can do anything with them, in truth."

If and when The Punisher season 2 happens, Ben Barnes is ready to return as a villain.

"I think it's really interesting after having everything that you have made your foundations on in terms of the way that you come across to the world: his looks, the business that he's built up...that's all been literally shattered," he told our US chums in an interview. "We'll literally see it on his face. And so I think that there's great opportunity to explore what that does to his mind and what it is that he even remembers. I have no idea what kind of parameters they're going to give me to toy with it but I've certainly got lots of ideas about who he could be."

Lightfoot has also been weighing up a few ideas for the villainous side of a sophomore run with The Hollywood Reporter.

"One of the villains I love is Barracuda [from Garth Ennis’ Punisher MAX series]. I think he’s great fun. I also really like O’Brien [also introduced in Ennis’ Punisher MAX run]. I thought she was always really cool. Certainly those two jump out at me initially, but there are so many great characters there. It’s a very fun sandbox to play in."

Who would you like to see go up against Frank in season 2?
The Punisher has been renewed for season 2

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D General Film Discussion 0